MODWARS - Tekno Angel (Tt Core P3 Mod) by SimpleModz

alexciobanu

6aS6dGF.png

MWAVE MODWARS 2016 Powered By Thermaltake, ASUS, Kingston, Intel & NVIDIA

Hi guys,

I'm back with another case mod and I think the banner above says it all for this one :)

I am part of a modding competition where 5 of Australia's best case modders have been chosen to compete and only one will become the MODWARS champion!

For more info on the competition and to see the other modders head here - https://www.mwave.com.au/catalog/modwars-info'>https://www.mwave.com.au/catalog/modwars-info

For this build I am using the Thermaltake Core P3 chassis and I am calling it Tekno Angel and is inspired by the Japanese Gundam series. I'm actually not too familiar with Gundam so I'm not sure if I will be able to get it 100% but it will be more or less based on that. A very good friend of mine is a fan and gave me this idea, I had the angel idea however wasn't sure where to draw more inspiration from so he introduced me to Gundam.

Anyways, hope you guys enjoy this one. It has to be finished by September 16th so not a long time to go.

Let's have a look at the SPECS:

CASE - Thermaltake Core P3

MB - ASUS Maximus VIII Hero Alpha

CPU - Intel Core i7 6700K

GPU - ASUS NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 Founders Edition

RAM - Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB (4x4GB) 2400MHz DDR4 Black

SSD - Kingston HyperX Savage 120GB x 2

PSU - Thermaltake Toughpower DPS G RGB 650W Gold

Custom Cables & LEDs - CableMod

Water Cooling - Thermaltake

Here is a shot of all the hardware together looking very glorious!

oKiNqDd.jpg

And here is an unboxing and overview video of the case and a bit of a chat about the start of this mod. At the time of filming I hadn't decided on the name just yet :P

Hope you guys enjoy this one!

Before I go I would like to thank MWAVE, Thermaltake, ASUS, Kingston, Intel and NVIDIA for inviting me to be part of this competition.

Thermaltake: https://www.mwave.com.au/brands/thermaltake-630 

ASUS: https://www.mwave.com.au/brands/asus-63

Kingston: https://www.mwave.com.au/brands/kingston-356

Intel: https://www.mwave.com.au/brands/intel-325 

NVIDIA: https://www.mwave.com.au/graphics-cards/nvidia-graphics-cards

Cheers,

Alex

• 2 weeks later...
S6Q4SKJ.png

Okay guys, less than 2 week until I need to get this build fully finished!

I've been pretty busy lately with quite a few things going on however I've been working hard on the build too.

I think it's time I start rolling out all the update so stay tuned guys!

As I mentioned in the video I am covering the entire Core P3 chassis with an acrylic sheet and I am also shaping it around my Tekno Angel theme. Other than the acrylic cover for the case I am also cutting out the 'angle' wings :P

Check it out!

UlyE7zi.jpg

9cEHNdz.jpg

I traced the case and all of the mounting holes needed and then designed the sheet around my vision.

e9b9tae.jpg

tsTTy8y.jpg

The wings were then first designed from cardboard before traced out onto acrylic for cutting.

Stay tuned for more updates as I will be rolling them out quite fast to get the build finished in time for the competition ending on the 16th of September.

Thanks for checking it out!

Cheers,

Alex

S6Q4SKJ.png

Hi guys,

Okay, the acrylic sheet is cut to size and more or less finished. I need to file it down a bit more and going to cut the bottom section out further.

I had originally intended for the build to be mounted onto a VESA stand however I can't find one at a decent price which is strong enough to hold the entire build. The way it is atm the feet can't really be mounted on, hence for the awkwardness of the photos :P

So I will be trimming it down at the bottom in order to mount the feet but here's a sneak peak for now.

Let me know what you guys think so far! Oh and the wings have been cut and stuck together ready for mounting. Lots of little details to be added still.

nYaqOtm.jpg

Everything still mounts as it should which is what I wanted :D

B9nxKqj.jpg

The first part of the Gundam inspired wings assembled.

sGOuL2d.jpg

XspxPaN.jpg

yt1uve9.jpg

Thanks for checking it out!

Stay tuned for more!

Cheers,

Alex

S6Q4SKJ.png

Hi guys,

Here's a better look at the case with the acrylic frame and a closer look at the components.

heT3NES.jpg

J5DSVUe.jpg

nmDNr0W.jpg

OccaiZ3.jpg

Mounting for the wings is in place :D

eZb1Sa5.jpg

GPU tray has been cut as well

Zp7OvO1.jpg

tHA4Sty.jpg

PCIE extender mounted

bPm6d9c.jpg

Tt RGB PSU

cjJCpiA.jpg

ru5DC7F.jpg

eB3DlRs.jpg

dF22oFC.jpg

Shaping up pretty nicely I would say!

Stay tuned for more!

Cheers,

Alex

S6Q4SKJ.png

Hi guys,

Here's the glorious GTX 1070 Founders Edition mounted it. I love the design of these new cards so much I feel bad putting a waterblock on it. But a waterblock will definitely go on.

Remember this is just a test fitting for all hardware, more details will be added to everything and it will all be customised to match the colours of the wings :)

KThjjyQ.jpg

WdAKxEv.jpg

U1vYufl.jpg

yRKGFff.jpg

I also added some more details to the wings and if anyone is wondering how I cut these, it's with a jig saw and with this scroll saw + lots of filing in the end :D

bbPDPOt.jpg

And here are the Gundam inspired wings mounted

N3CYI2X.jpg

They are stuck together using acrylic cement glue which pretty much bonds them together and is a really strong hold.

6Ek4wPZ.jpg

Q1HgGWo.jpg

1W6qcn9.jpg

Thanks for checking it out and stay tuned for more.

Cheers,

Alex

S6Q4SKJ.png

Here I am about to start on the water cooling loop.

But first I am drilling some pass-throughs to clean up the loop and add an extra feature to the mod.

rFPbJQ7.jpg

kr3qume.jpg

jUml8EL.jpg

I've also added an extra piece of acrylic going around the edges of where the motherboard sits for a bit of contrast.

1jTTUai.jpg

First tubes are in.

Y9lUY7T.jpg

A very tight fit on the right there. A piece of tube is actually in between then to connect the two fittings.

Nxolysf.jpg

wD1sEYn.jpg

Thanks for checking it out and stay tuned for more!

Cheers,

Alex

S6Q4SKJ.png

Hi guys,

Here's more progress and better photos as I start working on the water cooling loop.

A nice view of the frame.

Ho53T9p.jpg

daoZrCd.jpg

IU25UZG.jpg

I'm using 3 stand-off to set the motherboard forward a bit to allow room for the wings to mount as well as cable routing from underneath.

ktjDfpd.jpg

vJyXxSg.jpg

4kRGTfO.jpg

3sF5N92.jpg

pI1kxEF.jpg

Cables for the fans routed under the radiator.

4WKfzyx.jpg

OImROYM.jpg

3lDp0I5.jpg

pKhfcmw.jpg

Rq8oRMN.jpg

JVYI1lm.jpg

Cheers,

Alex

S6Q4SKJ.png

Hi guys,

I've been busy working on the tubes and they're now pretty much done.

Let me know what you think about it!

The tube from the GPU going up had to be off-set like that as the fittings in the top around the back are as close as they can be. They're a bit big and can't have the runs any closer than that with these fittings. In the end I think it give a nice feature to the loop :D

IhsKWMT.jpg

WuztbVo.jpg

yv780sA.jpg

GNoRsyM.jpg

juKYApb.jpg

gq2wYUm.jpg

SUIQNit.jpg

Z2J3Euy.jpg

a6IZmwo.jpg

Cheers,

Alex

S6Q4SKJ.png

Hi guys,

I've been pretty busy working on the build over the last few days, about a week to go now before it has to be finished! I did a ton of work with vinyl as well as some painting and I shot a nice video to talk a bit about the mods as well as assemble the whole thing!

Check it out below and let me know what you think!

Cheers,

Alex

• 2 months later...