Riing tt rgb fans problems

Bou87

Hi everyone.

I recently installed 3 x riing tt rgb fans and my problem is they only operate with a red led and the software that is used to control them doesnt show the fans as connected. So no rpm or anything is shown. I have connected them properly as shown on the manual and i have no clue what is going on. My motherboard is a asus maximus hero viii if that helps

Cheers

Hi,

Thanks for the post so we can help.

What OS are you using?is it up to date?

If you are not getting any RPM, the software is not loading and passing through to the OS side.

Make sure you have the USB header connected to the correct port on the motherboard. If you have multiple, try the other one.

Once you install the software and load it up and get this issue, do a shut down.

Boot back up and BEFORE you load the software check for the icon down by the clock. (If no icon by the clock there is a problem)

ONCE the icon shows up by the clock, dbl click on the icon to load the software.

Hint: Don't load the software right away on a cold boot, the software has to initialize first, (Meaning icon by clock) then run the software and see if you get function.

If you have the same issue, uninstall the software and reinstall it, rinse & Repeat and see what happens.

Also, make sure you have the latest software version, found here:

http://ttpremium.com/product/premiumrgb/

Important: DO NOT run the software as administrator, it disables some functions and the default setting should be fine.

Keep us posted!

Hi mike thanks for the reply.

It is connected to the usb header and power is connected to the psu, all 3 fans are connected to the controller and the controller is set to no 1. When i turn the system on the fans come on right away and light up red and stay red when the system is fully booted. I am running the latest windows 10 pro and latest rgb software version. There is no icon that shows up near the clock. I have tried a uninstall and reinstall and still the same thing. The usb header is working as i plugged my phone into the mini usb that goes into the controller and my phone started to charge. I got no idea what the problem could be.

Cheers

I opened the task manager and checked the startup programs list and it is listed as tt RIING RGBFan Hid as being enabled but there is no icon in the taskbar...i have come to think that the fan controller is the problem....the usb header on the motherboard is working. The fans get power and light up red. But there is no communication from the controller to the software which runs through the usb header. So the usb side of the controller could be dead? Thats the best i could come up with

Bou87,

Thanks for the details. Can you provide me with what motherboard Make/Model you are using?

From the looks of your reply you got everything hooked up.

The software should load up automatically (By Default) once installed, but if you dont get the icon after installation something is blocking the pass-though.

Unfortunately it does not matter if something else work on the header, it is more complicated than just simple function unfortunately.

What about other USB header port, you get the same result?

Do you have any other system to try this on to compare?

The Controller could just be bad.. Not leaving that out.

If you cant seem to get it to work and especially if it does not work on another system all you need likely then is a new controller.

We can swap it out under warranty, contact our support for details.

• 6 months later...

Hi, i also had the same problem, where the software dont load when the usb 2.0 connected ( tried 2 usb 2.0), the software only load when i unplug the usb 2.0, i am using msi pro carbon x370 and windows 10 pro 64 bit, i dont think my controler problem due to when i plug in usb 2.0 a driver registering pop out, its just the software can't load, also i can connect using my phone , just cant chnge the setting, and the rpm for fan was 0, Sorry for my bad english due tu english is my 2nd language