X71 / Core X9 Maximum radiator thickness

Belezeebub

X71

1.       What is the Maximum thickness of radiator supported in the top position with a 25mm fan and still have the use of the 5.25 bays?

2.       What is the maximum thickness of a radiator supported in the bottom left side bay?

Core X9

1. What is the maximum thickness 360MM radiator supported in the top positions with a 25mm fan and still have room to use the 5.25 bays?

Hi,

Thickness is not going to be the issue if you go with a 360mm rad. even the thin ones will block the back side of the ODD.

This is an X71, so I would suggest by design of this model to use the bottom chamber for your radiator, if you are planning to run multiple, suggest secondary in the front, not the top if you want ODD full support.

I have installed 64mm thick rads with 25mm fans on the bottom, you could go thicker, but should be good with this.

Core X9 Again would say 64mm thick, but using it on the bottom side (Lower chamber) as it has allocated space specifically there for radiators. Our largest (High Capacity) model radiator we offer are 64mm thick.

Hi,

Thickness is not going to be the issue if you go with a 360mm rad. even the thin ones will block the back side of the ODD.

This is an X71, so I would suggest by design of this model to use the bottom chamber for your radiator, if you are planning to run multiple, suggest secondary in the front, not the top if you want ODD full support.

I have installed 64mm thick rads with 25mm fans on the bottom, you could go thicker, but should be good with this.

Core X9 Again would say 64mm thick, but using it on the bottom side (Lower chamber) as it has allocated space specifically there for radiators. Our largest (High Capacity) model radiator we offer are 64mm thick.

Thank you that is what I needed I was going to run AlphaCool Nexxos Monsta which are 80mm a 360 on the side and a 360 on top looks like I need to re-think maybe an RX360 on the side and RX 240 up front

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...