Riing TT Premium Edition RGB LED Fans - How to Videos

ThermalMike

Hi all,

We worked on some new videos to help with the questions on the new Riing TT Premium Fans.

- Make sure when connecting up your controller to the system your system is off.

- Check all the connections to make sure they are secured and installed correctly.

- On boot up the fans should light up red (Default)

- After software installed, please do a shut down to sync controller (Only when software is not responsive)

- On Cold boot, wait for icon to show up (Down by clock) before launching software - Needs time to initialize

- If no icon shows up by clock, there is a communication issue, try this to resolve:

- Make sure power is dedicated and properly connected (Pins can be pushed out during plug in)

- Run Icon application in installation folder to force icon by clock

- Do not run program as administrator

- Only install software into default folder

- Try another USB header (Make sure you plug into correct port, wrong port can cause damage to controller on power on)

- Check device manager for any flags that could be related to the issue

Setup:

Software:

• 4 weeks later...
Hi Thermal Mike. 

I purchased a set of the premium Riing 12 RGB fans (actually 2 sets) and installed the fans and controller. 

The controller has the molex power connected and the usb cable is connect to the mother bother to the USB 9 pin heade 

(I tried both USB 1314 and USB 1112). 

Also installed the Software downloaded from the Thermaltake office website. 

I am not able to control or read any stats from the software.

Upon firing up the software, there is an error saying "Riing RGBFan HID" has stopped. 

I am using windows 10 and the motherboard I am using is the ASUS Maximus VIII Formula.

I tried just single controller (yes I did check the dip switch). 

Also I tried plug/unplug the usb cable to the controller and windows seems to detects the change of device configuration; 

so the USB connection (physically) between the controller and the MB appears to be okay.

I am wondering what would be the problem. Please help and let me know if more detail is required. 

Thanks Henry

• 3 weeks later...

I am having the exact same problem as Henry except I am not getting the "Riing RGBFAN HID has stopped" error. I can not get it to display ANY information with the newest software update. If I go back to the 1.0.2 software I can get it to display the color wheel but no fan speeds and nothing actually changes upon saving. This is ridiculous and I have contacted support twice since my purchase. I can't believe that I spent all of this money on TT hardware with a software component and when it comes down to a software issue, your tech department doesn't even respond. 

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

followup question

i downloaded the itunes app controller = DPS G Riing RGB Mobile App. i  dont know how to connect to my computer to control my rgb fans.

some site says i still need to download another app to be installed called Thermaltake DPS G PC App 2.4.2 

I am considering these fans.  Do any of you have an update to your issue?  I don't want to invest in the most expensive rgb setup on the market if customer support isn't available.  Is support through messaging only?  Is customer support available by phone?

Hi -  I would not recommend these case fans. See a post on our findings of the product.  http://community.thermaltake.com/index.php?/topic/63674-tt-premium-riing-software-controlled-fans-product-fail/

I would wait and see if the PLUS product line is any better than RIING software controlled case fans that are the previous generation (2016).

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

I recently purchased the THERMALTAKE RIING 14CM RGB 3 FANS PACK FAN for my new build but it is not working as per expectations. After installing all the drivers and the software from the website, the software does not detect the 3 fans. I've tried downloading different versions of the software. The older version will have 3 fans displaying at 0 RPMs and i'm not able to control the fans still.

Software download links as below;

And Here are the things that i have tried.
  • I've connected the fans into different headers from the controller.
  • I've connected the fan controller into all of the 9 pin USB2 on my motherboard.
  • I've connected different Molex cables into the fan controller.
  • I've used different points of my power supply.
  • I've used both of the USB ports from the controller cables.
  • I've tried all the controller number settings i could from the back of the controller.
  • I've tried to get a new controller
And still i cannot get the software to detect the fans. I think i am not the only one with this issue I need advice on this. Please help !!
The main star of this build were the fans 
My CPU build as such
  • Msi x370 Gaming pro carbon
  • Ryzen 7 1700x
  • G750M 750 Watt Semi-Modular 80 PLUS 
  • Asus GTX1080 8g 11gbs
*I think these are the parts I need to list for the "debugging".
**All parts purchased on July 2017.
***Thermaltake fans ordered online on 2nd August 2017.
****Thermaltake fans arrived on 4th August 2017.

• 1 month later...

I've got a few new issues with my fans an  was hoping you could help me out!  I've got 6 TT Riing Plus RGB Tt Premium fans hooked up to 2 separate controllers (3 for radiator / 3 for case..daisy chained).

My first question is...am I able to take the controller that has the 3 radiator fans connected to it and run a cable to my CPU_Fan header?  If so...what cable would I use?!  I know when you guys sell the fan / radiator combo the controller is setup a bit differently..but I purchased the premium plus fans and installed them separately.

Second question is..I see on this video that there's a "copy" button to sync all of your fans in the application...the new software doesn't have that.  The only way I can sync my fans is through my iOS app and any time I load that the fans are on a non-stop reset loop.  No matter what setting I use, when I select a fan it resets to the "wave" setting and resets the color before completing the circle and turning to the next color.

Thanks guys!!

• 2 months later...

How do you connect more than 2 fan controllers in a chain?    I used the Y-cable from USB header to two controllers and that works fine.. But I have no more internal USB headers to use on Fan controllers ..  What's the solution?     Since Thermaltake claims up to 80 fans or something daisy-chaining boxes, but no info or instructions inside the box explaining how to connect more than two boxes.

21 hours ago, Diversion said:

How do you connect more than 2 fan controllers in a chain?    I used the Y-cable from USB header to two controllers and that works fine.. But I have no more internal USB headers to use on Fan controllers ..  What's the solution?     Since Thermaltake claims up to 80 fans or something daisy-chaining boxes, but no info or instructions inside the box explaining how to connect more than two boxes.

The Fans include a link cable that connects to the controllers. it has a wide 4 pin on one side and the Micro USB on the other. This is how you connect up to 16 controllers :) Check the videos we posted.

Mike: Please consider on the box for the Riing fans how many pins the fans connect with because the Rinng 14 RGB fans have a different pinout and software  than the Riing 14 Plus fans. I found this out because I ordered the Riing 14 3 Pack to replace the Tower 900 case fans two for the rear panel and one for the Hard Disk Drive case. Now bear in mind that I had previously purchased two Riing 14 Plus 5 packs for my RL560 radiators (fan connectors with 9 pin connectors.) I did not notice the difference in pinout of the Riing 14 3 pack fans until after I had mounted the fans and was hooking them to the controller. I know, I know I should've paid closer attention but had the box the fans came in would have told the pinout difference between the Riing 14 and the Riing 14 Plus  fans it would have been less likely that I would have made the mistake.
Respectfully
Gregory Williams (Building a TOWER 900 to the near max) I slacked off a bit In choosing Ballistix Elite ram and the Samsung  NVMe SSD 960 EVO M.2 1TB rather than the PRO.

Edited by Ragn0r
color highlights

On 11/17/2017 at 2:32 PM, Ragn0r said:

Mike: Please consider on the box for the Riing fans how many pins the fans connect with because the Rinng 14 RGB fans have a different pinout and software  than the Riing 14 Plus fans. I found this out because I ordered the Riing 14 3 Pack to replace the Tower 900 case fans two for the rear panel and one for the Hard Disk Drive case. Now bear in mind that I had previously purchased two Riing 14 Plus 5 packs for my RL560 radiators (fan connectors with 9 pin connectors.) I did not notice the difference in pinout of the Riing 14 3 pack fans until after I had mounted the fans and was hooking them to the controller. I know, I know I should've paid closer attention but had the box the fans came in would have told the pinout difference between the Riing 14 and the Riing 14 Plus  fans it would have been less likely that I would have made the mistake.
Respectfully
Gregory Williams (Building a TOWER 900 to the near max) I slacked off a bit In choosing Ballistix Elite ram and the Samsung  NVMe SSD 960 EVO M.2 1TB rather than the PRO.

Hi,

I can understand that, it is a challenge for us as well. If we put like a picture of the connectors on the box, it would likely still happen.

Open to any ideas on how to make this easier, especially when dealing with both retail and etail type businesses.

Anytime we change something this can happen, I do like that we did change the connectors, users will not damage any parts because it just wont fit and you know, everyone reads the documentation :)

Hope you can swap them out with the place of purchase to get them to match.

Throw up a picture of that system when you get a chance :D

• 2 months later...
19 hours ago, teddyb said:

I returned my unit because it would not work with my Ryzen CPU - Floe Riing 240. I advise people with Ryzen to not get this cooler. I talked with TT support and they confirmed issues with software and Ryzen as well.

I Stand by my reply, please do not continue to post false information or it will be deleted.

I apologize it did not work out for your configuration, but I know it does work, I have built a few of them now.

23 hours ago, KnyghtFall said:

Quick question:

Given that these are PWM fans, is it possible to use a custom fan curve with software such as SpeedFan?  Or is the Riing software the only way to adjust fan speeds?

At this time, the PWM curve is built into the software, there is no way to change the curve manually. We are working on some really cool updates to give users more control of their "Plus" so stay tuned for updates on our website :)

39 minutes ago, ThermalMike said:

At this time, the PWM curve is built into the software, there is no way to change the curve manually. We are working on some really cool updates to give users more control of their "Plus" so stay tuned for updates on our website :)

That's great to hear.  I'm currently using a total of 12 fans in my dual loop system and would love to transition to the Riing Plus when those additional PWM features become available.  As of right now it would be too much of a nightmare.

Two Riing 14 Plus 5 fan packs and one Riing 14 plus 3 pack  (13 fans)
Installed the Riing Plus RGB Tt Premium Edition_Setup_1.1.5_x86.exe
on my ROG Zenith Extreme motherboard running the Threadripper 1950x 

When I launch the program I see it in the Task Manager but nothing appears on screen.
What am I missing? 

1 hour ago, Ragn0r said:

Two Riing 14 Plus 5 fan packs and one Riing 14 plus 3 pack  (13 fans)
Installed the Riing Plus RGB Tt Premium Edition_Setup_1.1.5_x86.exe
on my ROG Zenith Extreme motherboard running the Threadripper 1950x 

When I launch the program I see it in the Task Manager but nothing appears on screen.
What am I missing? 

Can you take a picture of the back of your controller? (Where the Dip switches are)

You might need to swap out the controllers if the stock was older.

Reason is AMD Ryzen was out AFTER we launched these products, we found they made a change to the IC on the motherboards for RYZEN where like everything before that was all the same IC, this is also including all of intel as well.

My first thought is you need the updated controller and I see you are in the USA.

Please contact us here ASAP and let them know what you got going on.

Will probably just send you new controllers to replace and hopefully get you up 100% on it.

https://thermaltakeusa.zendesk.com/hc/en-us

Hi thanks!

Please contact our support and request for replacement controllers.

Just let them know you have TR4 and you discussed with me on the forums :)

All you should need is your receipt for the purchase to confirm warranty and will send out replacements once confirmed.

Keep me posted or PM me if you need anything else or if there is a delay, the guys are quick!