LVL 10 GT STOCK FAN REPLACEMENT

lucasmcg

Hey all!

After a very minor update to my gaming rig from '12 to keep it alive... im at the point where the fans are just starting to go i assume.
My top exhaust fan (200mm) is making a crackling wobbling noise and i have to play games at loud volume to counteract (which is fine, but it hurts during uni studies)

Im wondering if anyone has any experience with replacing the lvl 10 GT fans, with new stock fans from thermaltake or using other brands.

The RGB LED trait of the fans is fun, and even though hardly used... id still in some way like to be able to use the console at the top of comps for fan speed and LED colour.

I know the case has a different system to connect the case fans to the mobo, is that still viable using other brands?
Im expecting yes, excluding the side door as it uses the microchip and key mechanism on the door hinge to avoid a long cable from fan in the door to mobo (which ive seen on builds removing stock fans, and it looks yuck)

If anyone can recall their experience with fan replacement id really love to hear about it!

Win 7 - 64bit
Core i7 CPU 960 @ 3.2 GHz
12GB RAM
Radeon SAPPHIRE 4GB RX 480 GPU
G1 Sniper Ref 1.0 MOBO
In our favorite.... LVL 10 GT CASE!!!

My comp starts primary school next year!!! wooo!

• 1 year later...

I'm in the same boat. My rear fan is dead (easy enough to fix). I love the case and want to use it for my next build, but I know the 200mm fans will not hold up for many more years. 

the colors and speed control are nice, but I'm willing to loose them. 

the front 200mm fan is only 3/4"-20mm deep!

the side 200mm connects to a specialized plug.

top 200mm should be no problem. 

it looks as though a pair of 120mm's wont fit in the front either. 

thermaltake replacement parts do not embiggen me with a lot of confidence, nor can i find a top fan replacement.  

• 6 years later...

Notice that the speed control might be standard, because if you open the front panel and look underneath the fan control of the case, then the fan connectors are there, they're standard and they're detachable.

The rear fan's wire could be cut and then soldered, not a big deal.