Help me find a part - Thermaltake Toughpower 850w PSU 6pin to 8pin cable adapter to GPU

RLymburner

I have an old Thermaltake Toughpower 850w (w0131RU) but it's missing the 6-pin PCI-E connector that will connect to a new video card with 8-pin input (MSI Radeon RX 480).

TT Tech Support wasn't able to identify a part number for the "8-pin-to-6-pin PCI-Express x 2" cable nor provide an alternative workaround to make this work.  I currently have the power going between the CPU/GPU through molex adapters and it appears to be working but is not clear to me how much power is actually getting to the video card (or if it is appropriately grounded).

Can anyone identify the part number for this cable (or better yet ... provide one?)

Hi,

The production of this power supply has been stopped.

not quite sure if the customer service will be able to send you the replacement of the PCI-E cable for your PSU.

please kindly provide the series number so we can confirm if the power supply is still under warranty.

• 2 years later...