Core p3

jsduarte92

If i bought a core p3 and just air cooled it. So 3 120mm fans, cpu cooler, and a regular gpu. So no water cooling.

Would i be ok . At least untill i can afford to water cool the system.

Yes ,Be fine , What my set up is , CPU air cooler , & 2 x 140mm coolermaster bc fans blue LEDS to keep the ssd & HDD behind them nice & cool .

Airflow is relevant in closed cases because without proper airflow, the warm air will stay trapped inside the case and heat up the components. Since the Core P3 is open, you will be fine with air coolers if you don't go crazy on the overclocking. The hot air can still escape.

Installing fans where the radiator would usually go really only make sense if you want to cool your hidden hard drives or for aesthetical reasons. If you've got the fans anyway and will mount them onto the radiator when you put in the water cooling, go for it. If you don't install extra fans, that is no big deal either.

• 1 month later...

Yes ,Be fine , What my set up is , CPU air cooler , & 2 x 140mm coolermaster bc fans blue LEDS to keep the ssd & HDD behind them nice & cool .

Seriously? To keep ssds and hdd cool? I think it is much of a nonsense but for estetical reasons ok, but still I find it funny... there was one youtube reviewer who builded a p3 with coolers in front of the ssds and he was killed in the comments... the advantage of the whole "open case" thing is you do not need more fans than needed. All it does is give you more noise... but everyone as he desires. I got only fans turning for cpu and the gpu ones... nothing else.