Poseidon Z RGB software / lightning issue

Olimak

Hello. I bought this keyboard around a month ago and so far I've been liking it a lot. Although the switches are made by Kailh which I didn't know (the page says they're tt esports switches) so far I haven't really noticed a difference since it's my first time trying brown switches. I do have to say I expected them to be clickier, but them being so quiet is also nice.

I have had, however, a few problems with the software and function keys:

• Software related:

I've used 3 versions of the software thus far.

Firmware 48:

-fully lighted: works well but the medium speediness for both pulse and spectrum circling doesn't work.

-reactive: works fine

-wave: speediness doesn't work at all

-arrow flow: speediness doesn't work at all and it's painfully confusing to set up

-ripple: same as arrow flow

Firmware 0:

-fully lighted: works well but the medium speediness for both pulse and spectrum circling doesn't work.

-wave: speediness works except the last setting, which is glitched on the keyboard. Doesn't go past half the keyboard before resetting

-arrow flow: speediness doesn't work at all and it's painfully confusing to set up

Firmware 40:

-fully lighted: spectrum circling behaves oddly. Instead of making a smooth color transition, it appears to change colors in ticks, every tick changing the color a bit more

-wave: works fine

-arrow flow: works fine

-ripple: works fine

• Function keys related:

-N-key rollover disables itself

-brightness doesn't work at all in non-reactive modes (but it works on breathing mode) 

-gaming mode key will sometimes trigger a lightning glitch while on spectrum circling mode, where the lights will shift back to the beginning of the circling while transitioning colors. Switching modes back and forth fixes this 

Other than this the keyboard works fine, but I'm not satisfied with how the software turned out to be. It's lacking effects other RGB (and even non-RGB) keyboards have and it's quite disappointing. 

I'd like to know 2 things based on this:

1. how can I fix these problems from happening, if possible, in the latest firmware update?
  2. is the software going to be updated, adding new effects?

Hello. I bought this keyboard around a month ago and so far I've been liking it a lot. Although the switches are made by Kailh which I didn't know (the page says they're tt esports switches) so far I haven't really noticed a difference since it's my first time trying brown switches. I do have to say I expected them to be clickier, but them being so quiet is also nice.

I have had, however, a few problems with the software and function keys:

• Software related:

I've used 3 versions of the software thus far.

Firmware 48:

-wave: speediness doesn't work at all

Firmware 0:

-wave: speediness works except the last setting, which is glitched on the keyboard. Doesn't go past half the keyboard before resetting

Firmware 40:

-fully lighted: spectrum circling behaves oddly. Instead of making a smooth color transition, it appears to change colors in ticks, every tick changing the color a bit more

-wave: works fine

-arrow flow: works fine

-ripple: works fine

• Function keys related:

-N-key rollover disables itself

-brightness doesn't work at all in non-reactive modes (but it works on breathing mode) 

-gaming mode key will sometimes trigger a lightning glitch while on spectrum circling mode, where the lights will shift back to the beginning of the circling while transitioning colors. Switching modes back and forth fixes this 

Other than this the keyboard works fine, but I'm not satisfied with how the software turned out to be. It's lacking effects other RGB (and even non-RGB) keyboards have and it's quite disappointing. 

I'd like to know 2 things based on this:

1. how can I fix these problems from happening, if possible, in the latest firmware update?
  2. is the software going to be updated, adding new effects?

I'm also having issues with 2.0, Reactive, Ripple and Arrow Flow is behaving oddly. I've already updated to firmware version 40.

Whenever I press the space-bar it causes weird glitches with the lighting effects, it's really frustrating! The 1.3 software however works flawlessly...

Also the firmware appears to have updated successfully; but every time I launch updater it says I'm at version 0.

I've just got my first Thermaltake mechanical keyboard today and it's not a good first impression software-wise :(

Really sorry to the inconvenience. I've passed these information to our PM team and they are fixing these issue now. We will update the new version soon, thank you.

By the way, I have noticed that pressing the space bar whilst in-application pushes through the changes to the keyboard. I have mentioned on Facebook that it's a design flaw since someone can easily mistake the RGB lighting as being broken when testing out the lighting effects; when you hold down space-bar it spams the apply profile button :)

Also as @Olimak mentioned above; Arrow Flow isn't as smooth in 2.0 as it was in 1.3 for me; and Wave doesm't work right on my UK keyboard.

Could you please restart your computer and update the software to V2.0.1?

Also, please follow these steps and update your firmware to 51:

attachicon.gifstep1.PNG

attachicon.gifstep2.PNG

attachicon.gifstep3.PNG

So far so good!

All the lighting effects seem to be working correctly (I've tried Static, Reactive, Arrow Flow, Wave and Ripple).

One thing I've noticed, is the colour control slider is a bit buggy and the stops don't move all the way to the left or right.

Overall though, dramatic improvement over the previous firmware ;)

If I notice any other oddities I will post them here.

EDIT: Recording a macro crashes the software and doesn't pick up any keys :(

So far so good!

All the lighting effects seem to be working correctly (I've tried Static, Reactive, Arrow Flow, Wave and Ripple).

One thing I've noticed, is the colour control slider is a bit buggy and the stops don't move all the way to the left or right.

Overall though, dramatic improvement over the previous firmware ;)

If I notice any other oddities I will post them here.

EDIT: Recording a macro crashes the software and doesn't pick up any keys :(

If you want to use the macro please make sure you switch the keyboard into gaming mode (the top right button on the keyboard)