DPSG software not working.

lightx

Hi all,

I bought a Toughpower DPS G RGB 850W Titanium power supply, and I can't make the software work.

Fist, the led ring is not working, I suppose I must use the software to make it work.
If I try to install the DPSG2.0 app (Tt_DPSapp_V2.4.2_20170208.exe), even running it as Administrator, I have an error not allowing me to install the software: No device detected.
If I install the older version of the DPS software, I can install it but right after launch I have a "Connection Fail" error.

post-119057-0-24340800-1489980220_thumb.png

In Device Manager I have an unrecognized USB device.

post-119057-0-84966700-1489980131_thumb.png

The PSU is connected via USB using the front USB ports.
I tried both ports on the Motherboard (Gigabyte Aorus Gaming 8), and also a rear port using another cable, same result.
I installed Adobe Flash manually (a shame I had to do that in 2017), but nothing changes.

​My OS is Windows 10 Pro 64Bit.

I spent hours in making this work, please I need help fixing this, or I will return the product since does not do what advertised.
Thanks

post-119057-0-84966700-1489980131_thumb.png

post-119057-0-24340800-1489980220_thumb.png

• 10 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 1/31/2018 at 12:52 AM, teddyb said:

I have a similar issue. My software will not open. It just says "device not detected". Does this work through the ATX cable?

Hi,

Sorry for the delay, no the PSU requires the USB to USB 2.0 header cable that should have been included with your PSU to connect to the motherboards. The PSU will need this in order to connect to the software.

To the OP, you have to connect it via the USB 2.0 header cable included for it to function, you mentioned you connected into the front panel headers? Please check and let us know if you need any further help or contact our support to discuss.