Toughpower 1250W PSU PCI Pin Out Configuration

phoneix17

Greetings. I would like to know if anyone knows the configuration of the positive and negative pin sides that the eight pin PCI connector that goes into the Toughpower 1250W PSU to the GPU's. On most PCI PSU configurations, the side that is near the connector clip (pin holes 5-8) are for the negative side. Then, pin holes (1-4) would be for positive. Is this correct for this unit? The reason I'm asking this, is all cables (except for SATA data) are custom made for they had to be built for the Cooler Master HAF Stacker (935, 915R and 915F) cases are poorly made to fit and reach components, the thing is 42" tall when put together. I have an Asus Rampage IV Black Edition motherboard, an Intel i7 4930K CPU, two Asus R9 280X video cards, everything is liquid cooled, 5 hard drives (4 in RAID config) one is a 500gb VelociRaptor, SSD plus the rest of the accessories. I have far to much invested in this build plus the time, to make this mistake. Too long of story as to why I don't have the original cables that came with the unit. Thank you everyone for your help, highly appreciated.....

Morning Joshua, thanks for getting back to me. The PSU is a Thermaltake Toughpower D RGB 1250W Titanium model #TPG-1250DH3FCT. I'm pretty sure that on the PSU connector side, pin 1 goes to pin 1 on the connector connecting the GPU (these are 2-Asus R9 280X graphic cards). It's just that the power cable that goes from the PSU to the Rampage IV Black Edition motherboard to power the CPU, has the polarities switched on the connector (go figure). Just wanted to make sure. Thanks for your help....

hi,

the PCIE pin configuration of the PSU is that pin 1 to 5 are ground and pin 6 to 8 are +12V on the PSU connector side.

but i would not recommend you to try the power configuration because wrong pin connection will catch fire.

if you need a spare PCIe cable, please feel free to contact our customer service.

here is the contact info:

North America:
support@thermaltakeusa.zendesk.com
Tel: Toll-Free 01-800-988-1088
M-F 9:00AM – 5:30PM (P.S.T)   

South America: 
suporte.thermaltake@thermaltakeusa.com

Europe: 
support@thermaltake.de 

Asia and other region: 
cs3@thermaltake.com