Crashing - Riing 12 RGB Radiator Fan TT Premium Edition

neenja_jenkins

Evening gentlemen, 

Looking through the forum, i'm sure everyone's already rolling there eyes like "great, another one of THESE threads". So, apologies first and foremost. 

Built a brand new rig, and loved the way these fans look, but have been plagues by constant issues and I'm beginning to regret my decision. 
My rig was completed several months ago, when these fan were just coming out. So I forgave the software issues, and overlooked them thinking they'll be sorted eventually. 6 months later, I'm pretty #### that I still cannot use these as intended. 

I've tried every version of their software, and tried several "fixes" found online and nothing seems to work. I am at least a bit more lucky than some users, in that my fans are recognized, and I can change the colors and speed up the fans, etc. However, no matter what I do, the software locks up my computer about 45-60 seconds after I exit the software, OR within a minute or two if I attempt to leave it running in the background. Older versions of the software that did not lock my PC up completely, would not allow the fans to increase/decrease in speed, which makes them useless (they would just sit at 300-400rpm). So basically, the only way to avoid a crash is to not use the software.

I regularly build PCs for myself and family/friends. I've even built one or two for others as special projects. They are hooked up properly, and there seems to be no issues from the hardware side. 
The software side however, is another story. I've never seen a more frustrating price of software. I'm a software developer by day, so I'm typically pretty good at figuring things out, but I'm at a loss here. Please hire a competent developer (no offense if you're reading this and you worked on this product, but let's be realistic, you probably know it's terrible already). 

I only mention the above points to say, I know my way around a computer, and I spend a lot on me and my client's computers, so when I buy something, I can understand if there are issues here or there that require sorting. However, for the price of these, and after 6+ months, this should work by now, and TT's silence in this community is not a great sign. It is especially frustrating to spend 5k on a personal rig, to look over and not even be able to get the lights in sync, because the PC will lock up. 

As of the current date, what is the status on a fix/update? 

Is there a reliable fix that anyone has found? 

Is there anything I can do to get this working? 

Has anyone had any success with the mobile apps? I can't get any of them to work more than 10 seconds.

Specs: 
Windows 10 Pro: 64bit OS - latest update