Riing Plus Premium (Errror Code:H_0x0001)?

Soupy1970

Riing RGB Tt Premium Edition software is throwing a "Do not find fan controller, please check the fan controller is plugged in (Error Code: H__0x0001)?  

Ryzen 5 1600X on Gigabyte X370 K7 Motherboard. I have tried using an external USB cable. I have tried uninstalling all other RGB software on the system. Windows is detecting when USB is plugged in. The fans light up but the software is not detecting them. Any thoughts?

15 hours ago, Promethois said:

I got the same issue and fixed it.

For the Plus Fans there is an special software available, called "Riing Plus RGB Software". After I uninstalled the "normal" software and installed this one, it works fine.

http://www.thermaltake.com/products-model_support.aspx?id=C_00003016

PS: Sorry for my English, i'm from Germany. :)

That is the software I'm using. Can you link the other version you installed first. Thanks

8 hours ago, Promethois said:

You can download the other software from the Riing Microsite:

http://www.thermaltake.com/MICROSITE/Riing12RGBRadiatorFanTTPremiumEdition/index.html

But this software is only for the normal Riing fans (without Plus). So if you got the Plus version, this will definitly not work.

I have the plus, but are you saying you also have the plus version and downloaded this software then loaded the plus software and got them to work with the plus software? Am I following correctly? 

I'm just saying, that I first downloaded and installed the wrong software and got the error H 0x0001 with the Riing Plus fans. After I recognized my fail, I uninstalled the "normal" Riing software and installed the Riing Plus software and it works fine for me.

So I first run the wrong software (the one frome the microsite) -> error
I installed the plus software after uninstalling the regular one -> works fine

1 minute ago, Promethois said:

I'm just saying, that I first downloaded and installed the wrong software and got the error H 0x0001 with the Riing Plus fans. After I recognized my fail, I uninstalled the "normal" Riing software and installed the Riing Plus software and it works fine for me.

So I first run the wrong software (the one frome the microsite) -> error
I installed the plus software after uninstalling the regular one -> works fine

Thanks, I understand now. Yes I did have the wrong software at first also, but still can't get it to work with correct software. Are you using a AMD Ryzen chipset?

1 hour ago, Promethois said:

No, I use a Intel Z270 chipset. But the controller is a simple USB device, so this should make no difference.

It's got to be the Ryzen Chipset. I tried them on an older AMD FX CPU and they worked fine. The only other difference was Windows 7 was on the older computer. 

3 hours ago, PeterSEA said:

Uninstalling Normal and installing Plus fixed it for me. Thanks! Also it doesn't get recognized when plugged into a USB switch. It has to be plugged in directly into motherboard, at least for the switch I used. I'm on Windows 10.

What chipset are you using? Is your build a Ryzen? 

• 2 months later...

i was able to fix mine with just the controller RMA now sometimes my controller disconnects and i just have to power cycle the control while PC is on because restarting PC doesn't work . once you get yours fix tell me if the RGB fusion software lets you control the fans. i say try to power cycle the controller but be warned all i have read says not to but i tried everything else

Hi!

I fixed it. Partialy :) Also with a Ryzen Processor here. I installed this software for riing plus Version 1.1.2    Didnt open at first. Unplugged the controller then it opened. Replugged the controller it hung up :( so i tried connecting the controller to every single one of my usb slots but no progress there either.....   Then i was seeing the usb slot on my keyboard and plugged the controller in there and swoosh there you go! (Razer Blackwidow Chroma) Maybe you can try it out with an external USB Hub or something similar.

Maybe i will buy an internal USB Hub for PCI just to try it out.

Best thing is i was so happy that i decided to build my watercooling loop which im waiting for 2 weeks now because of the not working fans and some other stuff. Then i tried installing my Thermaltake CPU block only to find out that it hasnt an AM4+ kit in the box :( I'm from Europe. Shipping from the official TT Homepage would have cost 70 $ so i had to buy the kit from ebay from an american seller. Another 3-4 weeks waiting. But the box says am4. Very nice marketing strategy.... Or maybe im too stupid :)

I would like to give an opinion.

Try to do the following:

1- Unplug the control and Uninstall the program completely

2 - Restart Win10 and run CCleaner to clear the registry

3- Enter the Device Manager and delete all the USBs that are not being used

4- Run the CCleaner again

5- Restart Win10

6- Install the program (without connecting the control) with Administrator Privileges

7- Turn off the PC

8- Plug control into an internal USB

9- Restart Win10

If it does not work, try this:

5- Turn off the PC

6- Connect the control to an internal USB

7- Restart or Win10

8- Install the program (with the control connected) with Administrative Privileges

See if it works

This seems to me the same problem that some iPhones have with USB

• 2 months later...

I just got the same issue a couple of times (Error Code:H_0x0001). It happens randomly. Resolved it by disconnecting the power cable and USB cable on the controller, while the PC is turned on.

So, just close the program, do the power cycle and run the program again. That worked for me.

How can I resolve it permanently? RMA the controller? I thought I will be supplied with the new one, since I just bought it and the seller told me that this is the new shipment...

Btw, I'm running Ryzen 1700 on X370.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 11/3/2017 at 7:37 PM, KLU said:

I just got the same issue a couple of times (Error Code:H_0x0001). It happens randomly. Resolved it by disconnecting the power cable and USB cable on the controller, while the PC is turned on.

So, just close the program, do the power cycle and run the program again. That worked for me.

How can I resolve it permanently? RMA the controller? I thought I will be supplied with the new one, since I just bought it and the seller told me that this is the new shipment...

Btw, I'm running Ryzen 1700 on X370.

were you able to fix it i am having the same issue as you. 

3 hours ago, javierz0509 said:

were you able to fix it i am having the same issue as you. 

It's happening very rarely now and randomly. I feel like this has something to do with the power management, like if you have unexpected power outage or something like that and then you turn on your computer again and this error pops out. I did not happen to me this month.

If I get it, this works for me:

1. Exit the program completely.
2. Do not power off the computer, just unplug the power cable from the controller and plug it in after a few seconds.
3. Start the program.

Works every time for me.

I hope this helps.

Cheers,
KLU