Why do I need a high voltage power supply for bigger graphics card?

Bethbristow

Even having a graphic card of 8GB NVidia, I am still facing with my system for all my designing projects that is why four days back I decided to buy a newer and bigger graphics card for my system. I was in one of my trusted computer hardware store and was checking out the specifications of the different graphics card. I knew that if you will need an external graphic card if you want to have the smoothest experience for all graphics related activities on your system. However I bought one, and when I connected it to my system, it showed me the blue screen on which it asks to get a high voltage power supply unit.

I am working on my animated video for one of my clients who provides custom essay writing services which project delivery date is very near and now I am out of cast too. Why do I need a high voltage power supply unit just because of a bigger graphics card which itself is quite expensive for my likeness

Kindly suggest me some alternates which include very few investment and process quickly too because I am very near to the project delivery date which is the only way I can pay my bills.

Hi Bethbristw

Looks like you need to figure out how much wattage you need for your whole system.

Here, you can use this website to figure it out: https://outervision.com/power-supply-calculator

Toughpower series comes with big power and budget price, if you live in U.S.A please check out the price and specification in Amazon:https://www.amazon.com/Thermaltake-TOUGHPOWER-Modular-Supply-PS-TPD-1000MPCGUS-1/dp/B00LZVOK18/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1500257955&sr=8-1&keywords=TPD%2B1000&th=1

Wish you luck on your project.

• 3 years later...