Riing Plus and Ryzen Software Issue Cannot Recognize Controllers

austintang

Hey there,

I've seen posts from about a month ago around this issue, but nothing more recent, so I figured I'd reach out.

I'm using 6 of the riing plus 120mm fans, and 2 controllers in my Ryzen 1600 build with MSI's Gaming Pro Carbon motherboard.

I continually see the "Do not find Fan Controller, please check Fan Controller is connected. Error Code:H_0x0001) error.

My fans are all spinning at default, and display the default rainbow color wheel LED setting, so I know the controllers are working.

I've tried everything I could find across the forums - all usb ports 2.0/3.0 across the entire Motherboard, internal and external, front and back of case. Multiple controller configurations, different cables, etc. Same issue over and over.

This is with the 1.1.1 Version of the Ring Plus RGB Tt Premium Edition software.

Any other thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/4/2017 at 0:18 AM, Rob03 said:

Im having same issue MSI B350m motherboard ,Ryzen 1600 

if anyone finds a fix please post it 

Tried using the USB on the back of the MOBO , didnt work.

I am having a same issue, I recently purchased the THERMALTAKE RIING 14CM RGB 3 FANS PACK FAN for my new build but it is not working as per expectations. After installing all the drivers and the software from the website, the software does not detect the 3 fans. I've tried downloading different versions of the software. The older version will have 3 fans displaying at 0 RPMs and i'm not able to control the fans still.

Software download links as below;

And Here are the things that i have tried.
  • I've connected the fans into different headers from the controller.
  • I've connected the fan controller into all of the 9 pin USB2 on my motherboard.
  • I've connected different Molex cables into the fan controller.
  • I've used different points of my power supply.
  • I've used both of the USB ports from the controller cables.
  • I've tried all the controller number settings i could from the back of the controller.
  • I've tried to get a new controller
And still i cannot get the software to detect the fans. I think i am not the only one with this issue I need advice on this. Please help !!
The main star of this build were the fans 
My CPU build as such
  • Msi x370 Gaming pro carbon
  • Ryzen 7 1700x
  • G750M 750 Watt Semi-Modular 80 PLUS 
  • Asus GTX1080 8g 11gbs
*I think these are the parts I need to list for the "debugging".
**All parts purchased on July 2017.
***Thermaltake fans ordered online on 2nd August 2017.
****Thermaltake fans arrived on 4th August 2017.

IF ANYONE CAN SOLVE THIS ISSUE PLEASE HELP ?

On 7/20/2017 at 10:32 PM, austintang said:

Hey there,

I've seen posts from about a month ago around this issue, but nothing more recent, so I figured I'd reach out.

I'm using 6 of the riing plus 120mm fans, and 2 controllers in my Ryzen 1600 build with MSI's Gaming Pro Carbon motherboard.

I continually see the "Do not find Fan Controller, please check Fan Controller is connected. Error Code:H_0x0001) error.

My fans are all spinning at default, and display the default rainbow color wheel LED setting, so I know the controllers are working.

I've tried everything I could find across the forums - all usb ports 2.0/3.0 across the entire Motherboard, internal and external, front and back of case. Multiple controller configurations, different cables, etc. Same issue over and over.

This is with the 1.1.1 Version of the Ring Plus RGB Tt Premium Edition software.

Hi brother, before yesterday i am having a same problem like you, but now problem solve. i am using a micro usb direct connect into my mainboard USB port instead of using the original 9 pin socket for usb 2.0/3.0 port. after i tried this everything working fine now.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hey guys, there is a fix to this to till this moment? I bought a Thermaltake TT Riing Premium and i get the same problem. I tried all of the methods used above but it seems that it doesnt work and my fans are only red. I have a MSI B350 Tommahawk MOBA with a Ryzen 5 1600x cpu. It's really sad, especially that it seems that my fans are running really low rpm. Thx.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 7 months later...

I'll dig up a grave post... I snapped this riing 14 set of fans at a clearance sell thinking I got a great deal... boy these things are awful to setup... It took me the entire evening and few hours of search before I got to the video in this post and this got me thinking - my setup is based on ryzen 5 3600X with B450 motherboard (MSI B450 A PRO MAX). Turns out there are TWO USB ports on that motherboard that are bypassing the chipset and these are locate at the back of the mobo (the motherboard has 10 in total, only two are connected directly to the CPU) - trial and error led me to the right one.

image.php?di=EJCQ

in my case these are marked as "VR Ready"... they should also have a TT-ready sticker on them ;-)

image.php?di=CGVQ

I didnt manage to get neither razor sync not MSI sync working, but first things first... at least now I can turn the whole thing pink and adjust fan speed (manually).

screenshot proof:

image.php?di=IK0Y

• 7 months later...
  • 2 years later...
On 7/20/2017 at 7:32 AM, austintang said:

Hey there,

it seems like you have already tried various troubleshooting steps from the forums and attempted different configurations. If you haven't already, I recommend reaching out to the manufacturer's support team for further assistance. They would have the most accurate and up-to-date information on compatibility, known issues, and potential solutions for your specific hardware setup.

Contacting the support team of the fan manufacturer or the Riing Plus RGB Tt Premium Edition software can provide you with personalized assistance, troubleshooting guidance, and potential firmware or software updates that may address the "Do not find Fan Controller" error you're encountering.

When reaching out to the support team, make sure to provide them with detailed information about your hardware setup, software versions, and the steps you have already taken to troubleshoot the issue. This will help them understand the problem more effectively and provide you with the most appropriate solution.

I apologize for not being able to provide a specific solution, but the manufacturer's support team will be best equipped to assist you in resolving this issue with your specific hardware and software configuration.