MEKA (Overwatch)

saamcaa

f1ca9eE.jpg
Hi guys, I'm SamCa from Philippines.
This will be my next GearUpWithEVGA mod together with Thermaltake.
The idea is to build the whole mech and modding the insides with pc components with the liquid cooling system.
The scratch build will be made from metal base, fiberglass, acrylic sheets and PLA 3d prints.
you can check out my previous Overwatch themed mod HERE

So here's the first step. I modeled the MEKA itself and reduced the poly to unfold it easily.
I used meshlab then export to .obj file. I used pepakura to unfold the parts and I started by dividing the areas so that
I can cut it easily.

lBPoxkI.jpg

Same process will be used. I will make a papermodel for the MEKA and use some fiberglass to strengthen it.
I will be using metal/alluminum bars inside the model so that it can be sturdy enough.

8pxVkg8.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 years later...
  • 1 year later...
On 7/28/2017 at 11:01 PM, saamcaa said:

So here's the first step. I modeled the MEKA itself and reduced the poly to unfold it easily.
I used meshlab then export to .obj file. I used pepakura to unfold the parts and I started by dividing the areas so that
I can cut it easily.

http://i.imgur.com/lBPoxkI.jpg

Same process will be used. I will make a papermodel for the MEKA and use some fiberglass to strengthen it.
I will be using metal/alluminum we become what we behold bars inside the model so that it can be sturdy enough.

http://i.imgur.com/8pxVkg8.jpg

It's too complicated to subdivide so many areas. You are so good. Looking at it gave me a headache. The materials to complete are also diverse. So I can see that it is not easy to get a successful product.

• 4 months later...