How to use PWM on Riing Plus fans?

303 riing

I absolutely love these fans. Simply the best looking on the market. I run mine in Flow with all 6 fans synced. However, they always run at 100% which means around 1440rpm. That's great for gaming but not when I'm browsing web or photo editing. How do I use the PWM feature in the software so the fans will adjust based on temps? Is this something that needs control through my Asus Z270 software? Thx for the help.

help with pwm.png

You asked the same question I've been asking (with no answer)
No one says which parameter is used in the PWM function.
If, when choosing the PWM function, the coolers are at maximum speed, it indicates high temperature of your CPU by the defaults (??) of the HWi32 monitoring software (click on the thermaltake board info), I guess.

To make the coolers run at a slower speed, just uncheck the PWM function

The fans would need to be connected to the motherboard directly, I did read somewhere It was a review  of these fans iiirc  that the controller is supposed to link these fans to the motherboard control but it does not work, I found this when researching  the product,

The standard Riing RGB controller has a 4 pin header for a PWM motherboard connector, the Riing Premium and Riing Plus Premium use a software controlled PWM function in the associated PC software based of a non-editable temp/duty cycle table that uses a hwinfo32.dll to get CPU temp... which makes the fans surge a lot...

Remember that none of these fans are inter-operable, so if you motherboard PWM control, you have to buy the Plus or Premium fans to get the right controller, but then you loose PC control of color and effects. 

• 3 years later...

In the tt control if you click on pwm it will control the fans based on temp, if you turn pwm off(not orange or highlighted) it let's you use the second slider and set an exact fan speed. So just make sure pwm is orange and the choose quiet or performance to have to run based on temp or turn pwm off if you need to set an exact speed