Thermaltake RL360 D5 RGB very hot CPU

fireedo

Hi,

I just goin to full custom watercooling using Thermaltake RL360 D5 RGB, before I use this custom watercooling I use a corsair H115i on my intel i7 7820x running at 4.7 Ghz with 1.188v 

In almost stress bench (eg. Realbench, Prime) my peak temp when full load was at around 83-85 C

So after set up everything I try the stress test with my new thermaltake RL360 D5 RGB LCS, but I suprised because it just takes 10-15 sec my temperature skyrocketing to 105 C !!!

I have attached picture of my current loop

but, while I scratching head about what is wrong with my loop, then I found a document from my thermaltake box showing "a correct loop"

so, according to the guide manual from thermaltake I have mess up the loop (outlet and inlet), so can be that my major temperature problem?

is it worth to re-do my loop? because I have to buy another PETG tube since mine have already all used (since this my first experience with hard tube)

need advice please

IMG_1273.JPG

IMG_0049.JPG

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

My first thought is to make sure you are using the right amount of thermal paste on the CPU.  If you are putting too much then it won't transfer the heat out quick enough.  With only cooling the CPU with a D5 you should not be hitting 80c+ even overclocking.  Also make sure your rad fins are clean and that the fans are running fast enough to keep up with the cooling needs.  From the picture your PC looks clean so I just want to cover all the basics.    

I would say your loop looks fine as the D5 will add some heat but not enough that it should be killing you with only the CPU in the loop.