Thermaltake View 71, radiator and HDD: a triangle love story

Pseudolo

Hi,

I'm new and I'm here because I'd like to buy a Thermaltake View 71 but I'd like to know it better before giving out my money.

My problem is the following: I'd like to buy the aforementioned case and I'd like to put a 360 cpu AIO radiator inside it, on the right vertical mount beside the motherboard. Let's say I'd like the radiator to be a Thermaltake (water or floe series doesn't matter much in this example), because I like luminescent radiators (otherwise I wouldn't bother with an aquarium glass walled case). Now for the questions:

1) being the radiator tubes 326mm long, will it reach the cpu on an ATX motherboard if I put it on the right vertical mount (I think so but I want to be sure, given the costs)?

2) more importantly, since a radiator in the right mount would render the two hidden HDD mounts there useless (because otherwise they would stop the airflow) and would completely obliterate the accessible HDD mounts, is there a way for me to put both an SSD (installation) and an HDD (storage and backup) inside the case? I know one of them, let's say the HDD, could go on the third "hidden" mount on the other side of the motherboard, but what about the other? Considering I'm a traditionalist and I'll mount the graphics card on the motherboard, are there other options for the second drive, maybe in the vertical mount?

Hi,

Welcome and thanks for posting your question!

1. The View 71 will support AIO configurations on the Top/Side mounts, standard tube length for AIO will not work when mounting to the front only.

2. On the backside, (Behind the motherboard) there is a spot for 2 SSD or 1 HDD. If you are planning to build a new system, highly suggest to look at M.2 drives and then use the back mount for your data drive. Yes, with the radiator mounted on the side the plates do cover the radiator air flow, if you only use 1 plate for drives, I do not see it effecting you that much for cooling due to the gap between the rad/frame/hdd plate, we planned for that to give some space. From the builds I have done I have not seen this as a issue. Alternatively, there is a lot of room, mounting the 3.5 behind the MB and for SSD's you got room to do a custom mount on the back or even use dbl sided tape to slap an SSD somewhere else that works for you.

Hope this helps, let us know or just call our support if you need any additional support. 800.988.1088 (USA/Canada)

Yeah, that's very helpful, it gave me ideas. From the pics on the sellers' sites it's difficult to judge the space behind the motherboard because they look very flat, but an SSD custom mounted there with velcro (or something else that's not affected much by temperatures) shouldn't take up much space, they are very slim.

Edited by Pseudolo
Addition