Riing Plus RGB Premium Edition Software Issue

Drakke01

Hey all,

I recently purchased the Riing Floe 360 AIO Cooler and the three pack of 140mm Riing Plus RGB TT Premium Edition fans that included the controller.  I have both controllers hooked up to separate USB hubs as I was having issues with the Bridge cables working.  If I used the bridge cables, if I changed a setting, say on controller one for the fan plugged into port 3, it would also change the setting on controller two for the fan on the same port.  That being said, the issue I have now is if I change the power mode of the fan (PWM, etc) and hit SAVE it will change it for both controllers on the same port, if I don't hit save it will only change it for the one controller.  Is there a way I can prevent that from happening?  Any assistance is appreciated.

Hi,

When you are using the link cable between the 2 controllers, you need to set the dip switch on one of them (Since you have 2 only)

Does not matter what controller number, 1/2 is what I would do, but it does not matter just to mention.

This should clear up the syncing as I am betting both controllers are setup as #1 and the software is confused.

In regards to the USB headers, the connector gives you 2 cables out, you can alternatively connect 1 controller to each as well (This way it only takes up 1 USB header off the MB)

If you have both controllers set to profile 1 then they will both be the same always. If you want each controller to do do separate speeds/PWM settings, just set each controller to separate profiles.

Let us know if you need anything else we can assist with.

12 minutes ago, ThermalMike said:

Hi,

When you are using the link cable between the 2 controllers, you need to set the dip switch on one of them (Since you have 2 only)

Does not matter what controller number, 1/2 is what I would do, but it does not matter just to mention.

This should clear up the syncing as I am betting both controllers are setup as #1 and the software is confused.

In regards to the USB headers, the connector gives you 2 cables out, you can alternatively connect 1 controller to each as well (This way it only takes up 1 USB header off the MB)

If you have both controllers set to profile 1 then they will both be the same always. If you want each controller to do do separate speeds/PWM settings, just set each controller to separate profiles.

Controllers were already set to separate dip switch settings.

I tried connecting both to one cable as well, had the same issue so I decided to try two separate headers.  I did notice that the controller that came with the AIO did not have a second 4-port port (for bridging) like the controller that came with my fans.  I think the issue is because of the profiles like you mentioned.  I will give that a shot.

19 minutes ago, ThermalMike said:

Hi,

It was the profiles.  I thought they would be different for each controller.  I changed controller 2 to profile 2 and all is well.  Thanks for the assistance.