Riing 12 RGB TT Premium Edition Issue

Rune_Kirt

Bought 2 of the 3-packs for these fans and I have since had an issue during installation with one of the controllers. Caused by an unknown source, smoke came out of one of the ports in one of the controllers. Both controllers still function. However, when trying to use the software to link the 4 fans (2 are for backups or other projects) any of the fans hooked into the controller that was smoking don't come up on the program. Any fan plugged into the controller still function, but will only light up red and stick to the default fan speed. I have tried to change the switches in the backs (of both controllers) to try and get them to read on the software, but this fails. The working controller only ever reads as No. 1. Because of this I'm stuck with 1 red lit fan while the other 3 change freely. Does this mean that my controller is faulty? am I using the wrong software? please help :/

Link to the software that I am currently using (I have tried just about every variation in my attempts): http://www.thermaltake.com/products-model_support.aspx?id=C_00003016

Hi,

Sorry to hear about the controller issue, that is not common, I also suggest when connecting anything into the system to always have the power off for safety.

Please stop using the product do to the issue and contact us to swap out the controller under warranty.

If you are concerned about the fans, discuss this with our support as well, here is the contact info:

https://thermaltakeusa.zendesk.com/hc/en-us