The "SUPERBUILD" Case Mod

Rakesh Sharma

The "SUPERBUILD" Case Mod

Hello to all, 
As most of you know, in year 2011 I build a “Phase Changer Rig” . An extreme overclocking rig. Capable to cool down the CPU below -38C. One of its kind in India.

01.jpg

It was a complete scratch build using MDF board and aluminium square rods.  Till date case is in good nick, only thing I did wrong was not to cover sides of lower phase changer section. 

Nothing bad, but recently due to absence of the side covers I accidently mange to damage the condenser and brook a copper tube. Resulting in a complete failure of the phase change unit. 

Now this has to be fixed. But this MDF case is about six years old, so I said to myself the fixed phase change unit defiantly needs a new and safe home now.  So my hunt for a suitable case began. 

As I have recently worked with few of Thermaltake cases, the first option came in my mind was the Thermaltake Core WP100 Super Tower Chassis.  A two chamber case perfect for my needs. 

02.jpg

After going through the datasheet and checking dimensions, the Thermaltake Core WP100 Super Tower Chassis fits best for this super build giving new life to my 24/7 extreme overclocking Phase Changer build. 

I called the new Case build as SUPERBUILD. Where CPU will be pushed to extreme limits at sub-zero temperature and I will also overclock the GPU using custom liquid cooling . So this build will be a super overclocking beast. 

Like to thanks Thermaltake for supporting my idea and the build. 

First the Thermaltake Core WP100 Super Tower Chassis arrived in two big and heavy boxes. One box had the Core W100 and other the Core P100.  Both are individual cases by themselves, but stacking them together makes the monster Core WP100 Chasis.  

03.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg

06.jpg

07.jpg

08.jpg

09.jpg

Now let’s un-box the cases. We start with Core W100.

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

15.jpg

16.jpg

17.jpg

18.jpg

19.jpg

19b.jpg

Case build experience with Thermaltake Core W100 Chassis is unique as this case is not like other cases in the market. As mostly all Pc cases are pre factory build and came ready to be used out of  the box but not this one.  Thermaltake Core WP100 Super Tower Chassis comes in de-assembled bits and pieces, with proper labelling and complete build guide. So one have to assemble this case piece by piece.  A total do-it-yourself experience, a priceless experience for me. 

Beside all side panels and structural parts, the Core W100 case comes with a big accessories box, with lot of screws, for build the case together .

20.jpg

21.jpg

22.jpg

23.jpg

24.jpg

25.jpg

26.jpg

27.jpg

28.jpg

29.jpg

30.jpg

31.jpg

32.jpg

Now un-box the second half of the Thermaltake Core WP100 Super Tower Chassis, the Core P100 case.

08.jpg

33.jpg

34.jpg

35.jpg

35b.jpg

Now let’s start the build.

36.jpg

37.jpg

38.jpg

39.jpg

40.jpg

41.jpg

42.jpg

The Core W100 and P100 stacked together to form the Core WP100 Super Tower .

43.jpg

44.jpg

45.jpg

This is a huge case with superb build quality.

46.jpg

47.jpg

48.jpg

All side panels are hinged with no panel screws what so ever. Also case have a big side window with thick acrylic sheet.

49.jpg

50.jpg

51.jpg

52.jpg

53.jpg

54.jpg

55.jpg

56.jpg

I have installed a custom mains power connector back plate.

57.jpg

58.jpg

59.jpg

60.jpg

Now repaired the phase changer unit. Replaced the condenser coil and re-filled the gas. Tested all working fine again. Now started installing the phase changer unit in the bottom section of the case i.e. P100. Everything fits perfect. Now next step will be installing a new controller and re-doing of all the wiring and all new Neoform insulation part.  

61.jpg

62.jpg

63.jpg

Waiting for some parts to arrive. Will update more 

Thanks.

13 Nov 2017

PSU for the project arrived. Thermaltake Toughpower 1250W RGB PSU, a huge 1250 watts 80 PLUS Titanium power house, best suitable for this build. 
Fitted the case with four LCD thermometers for monitoring temperature of different segments of Phase Changer section. Also started working on custom liquid cooling for the GPU.

78.jpg

79.jpg

80.jpg

81.jpg

82.jpg

83.jpg

84.jpg

15 Nov 2017
Making of Vertical GPU mount
As we all know the Thermaltake Core WP100 Super Tower Chassis don’t support vertical GPU mounting. But in my SUPERBUILD I want to install GPU vertically with hard tubing liquid cooling solution. So need to make a vertical GPU mount for this case. 

85.jpg

86.jpg

Will be modding old motherboard tray for PCI-e mounting plate and use PCI-e riser cable for graphics card installation.

87.jpg

88.jpg

89.jpg

90.jpg

91.jpg

92.jpg

93.jpg

94.jpg

95.jpg

96.jpg

97.jpg

98.jpg

99.jpg

100.jpg

101.jpg

102.jpg

103.jpg

104.jpg

Vertical GPU Mounting bracket is done. Next have to cut few holes in the case back panel for installation of this bracket.