Thermaltake Riing Plus Issue with memory

javierz0509

Hello,

what version are you running? I saw your other post, try updating to the new 1.1.4 version.

System I have here by my desk my memory usage is only 35.3MB ballpark, are you doing any transfers through another USB header or something weird like that?

keep us posted and try the new software first ^^

1 hour ago, ThermalMike said:

Hello,

what version are you running? I saw your other post, try updating to the new 1.1.4 version.

System I have here by my desk my memory usage is only 35.3MB ballpark, are you doing any transfers through another USB header or something weird like that?

keep us posted and try the new software first ^^

still the same issue, I started with 54mb and not my TT software show 100mb and rising up, not doing any transfer here, and it goes much faster on memory usage if I do the sound sync. 

I see you are in the USA, can you contact our support for warranty?

https://thermaltakeusa.zendesk.com/hc/en-us

I checked my system at home, around 42mb on the memory for myself. Running 7 Plus fans atm.

Could be a controller issue, I let our program team know as well so we can try to recreate.

Since the update to the software did not help, might want to swap out the controller under warranty. Also, check your programs that you have running try closing them to see if it makes a difference to test the idea that it may be conflicting with some other monitoring program or app.

100mb I am not really worried about, but when you had 500+mb something is going on.

3 hours ago, ThermalMike said:

I see you are in the USA, can you contact our support for warranty?

https://thermaltakeusa.zendesk.com/hc/en-us

I checked my system at home, around 42mb on the memory for myself. Running 7 Plus fans atm.

Could be a controller issue, I let our program team know as well so we can try to recreate.

Since the update to the software did not help, might want to swap out the controller under warranty. Also, check your programs that you have running try closing them to see if it makes a difference to test the idea that it may be conflicting with some other monitoring program or app.

100mb I am not really worried about, but when you had 500+mb something is going on.

Mike, I leave the TT software on let say wave mode, the memory usage will hover around 40mb to 50mb which would be normal, but if i use sound sync the memory leak is intense, i am not the only one having this issue i have another friend with the same problem as mine we dont think this is a controller issue, but if everyone uses sound sync (sound control) as you want to call it they will have memory leak, i would love others to try it. 

below you will see another screenshot, keep in mind i have uninstalled and reinstall, clear everything i can possibly can and the same issue. 

B1E7F375-768F-44DC-9B81-3AB1C6688885.png

Hi,

Thanks for the additional information.

Personally tested on a couple demo systems here in the office and at home, I dont see a difference when switching modes across the board.

For the sound mode, are you using a plug in sound card or on-board?

Have you checked to see if the driver is updated or just update it to see?

Also suggest you contact us for RMA as I mentioned previously.

• 3 years later...

I have had a similar issue, except that the memory leak shows up as part of nonpaged pool memory associated with audiodg.exe (a built-in windows audio driver support component).

The post here has all the details regarding how serious the leak is and how it was tracked down:

https://superuser.com/questions/1630093/how-can-i-find-the-root-cause-of-nonpaged-pool-memory-leak-from-pool-tag-pdca-ca/1646992#1646992

This is happening without using any audio sync features of TT RGB Plus, by the way. I suspect many if not all users are having a memory leak problem but not recognizing that it is caused by TT RGB Plus, since the bulk of the memory (tens of GB over days and weeks) does not show up directly under TT RGB Plus in Windows Task Manager. If you see nonpaged pool memory growing or have large memory for audiodg.exe after a few days without rebooting, it is likely caused by TT RGB Plus. 

I would be interested to hear from others who have nonpaged pool memory leaks to see if it goes away if they disable startup of TT RGB Plus.exe or uninstall it. You can also use poolmon.exe as described in the link above to catch it, and/or turn on the NP Pool column under the details tab of Task Manager to see it grow for audiodg.exe (only when TT RGB Plus is running). For me it was definitely the cause, so now I have stable memory again, but also no way to control fans / lights without suffering the memory leak and rebooting the PC every few days to free it.

On 11/23/2017 at 2:28 AM, javierz0509 said:

guys i just got the Thermaltake Riing Plus 12 RGB TT Premium Edition 120mm, i notice the software is like increasing in ram usage any reason why is doing this? 

Capture.PNG

https://downloadnox.onl/ https://vidmate.cool/ https://vlc.onl/