Sign in to follow this  
Guest Richard Nolan

6 Startup Ideas for Students to Run Business on the Internet

Guest Richard Nolan

If you’ve considered working during college years, why not go even further and imagine yourself as a startup owner? Though startup creation and development might seem like a too massive and challenging task to many students, it actually isn’t. There are plenty of things you can do to earn money during college years and that you can turn into a successful startup now or later.

So if this seems appealing to you, here are 6 startup ideas you might want to consider.

1. Writing.

One of the best things about writing is that you don’t need to limit yourself to one area or even two. You can write Ebooks, emails, articles, ad texts, essay topics for college students, blog posts, and many more. Another good thing about writing is that it allows you to start as a freelancer and create your own writing or digital agency later.

2. Design and illustration.

If you are creative enough and able to create great visual, you can choose the career of a designer or an illustrator. For example, illustrators can start with selling their prints on websites like Society6 and Redbubble or by becoming Shutterstock (as well as other stocks) contributors. This will allow you to create a portfolio that you can demonstrate to the potential clients - and also earn money in the process.

Designers, on the other hand, can start by offering their services to small businesses or other startups. You might start with charging a little for your services or by not charging any money at all, but by working with small yet real clients you’ll ensure that your portfolio will be filled with real projects instead of made up ones. This will also give you some experience in working with real clients, making edits, and so on.

3. SMM manager.

If you spend a lot of time on social media and understand how they work, you can monetize these skills as well. You won’t even need much to start - for example, you can turn your own social media profiles into a portfolio and start looking for clients. There are plenty of businesses who don’t necessarily look for experts but still need to hire someone to take care of their social media. So this could be a great opportunity for you.

4. Handmade shop owner.

It’s much easier to make money with the help of your hobbies these days. If you are into handmade, all you need to turn it into a business are some small investments and a bit of promotion.

Maybe you already have some clients that order handmade goods from you? If so, you can ask them to spread a word and maybe drive more new clients to you. If not, you can create a page for your shop on any social media and start promoting it to drive clients.

5. Blogger.

You might be into writing or might not be into it at all. There are so many ways to become a blogger these days: you can create a text blog, start a YouTube channel, or turn your Instagram into both visual and text blog.

Though those things usually don’t bring you immediate profit, they are very interesting to work with (especially if your blog is dedicated to something you love). So if you want to make money on doing what you love but are okay with not making them immediately, you can consider this option.

6. Personal consultant.

Maybe you are a skilled student who can help others improve their grades? Or a gym enthusiast who knows a lot about diets and training and can coach other people? Or a skilled artist who can teach the others as well? In this case, you can offer your services as a personal consultant to others.

Of course, you’ll need to promote yourself first, using a blog, a YouTube channel, or a social media page for that. Just like the previous startup idea, this one requires some time for preparation and promotion. However, it could benefit you a lot as you’ll be able to turn yourself into a brand this way.

As you see, there are plenty of ways to create a startup while you’re still in college. All you need to do so is to choose something that seems the most appealing to you - and start working.

If you know something about the new resume review service, please tell me. Because I have been trying to write and creative resume and just failed. Some nice resume service can help me, I guess. Do you have some experience with them? I would be really grateful for sharing. I have found many resources and just can’t decide which would be the best choice. Although, the zipjob reviews looks fantastic. Do you have some experience with them? I liked their ways.