Connect View 71 RGB Riing fans to motherboard

Fuzms

First, sorry if this has been asked, I looked around and couldn't quite figure out an answer.

I have a view 71 RGB edition case. The controller that came with the case/fans has a 4 pin cable to connect to a motherboard's fan header.

I have a Gigabyte Aorus Gaming 5 motherboard. Theoretically its RGB Fusion software should be able to control/sync with the Riing fans. I don't think it can do this through a fan header, so what header should I use? Do I even have the right cable (a usb2 header->4pin cable instead)? If I should use the RGB headers on the motherboard, then which ones (there are 3 pin and 5 pin RGB headers)?

Hi,

The fans included with the case have to be used with the controller. It is the only way the fans will work.

RGB fusion is addressable LED and the fans included with the case are just standard RGB as they are not the Riing Plus fans unfortunately or the price for the case would have been much higher.

For the rest of what you are saying I am not really following, pictures maybe could help?

I was hoping I could get a cable to connect the TT controller to a usb2 hub and that RGB fusion would then recognize it and be able to send commands to it. By your response, this isn't really something that is possible or would work?

Does addressability matter a ton to the RGB Fusion? I don't really care about being able to control the fans' colors individually, I just want the fan color to sync with the motherboard color.

You would need more than just a cable to get it to function like this, especially since it is a fan, not a LED strip, you have power there for the fan that is needed.

Also, consider there are 2 types of RGB fusion out there, one is 12V (Standard LED) and the other is 5V (Addressable LED) see what your board supports first, some of the new new high end ones support both so check what you can do.

We have some options in the works, but not for everything, focus will be on addressable LED and will have some information next month at CES 2018!

• 1 year later...