Do I need an upgrade kit???

Nikoline

13 hours ago, ThermalMike said:

Hi,

The X299 socket is 2066 so the W1 supports it with the other hardware that was originally included in the box.

No backplate, just like X99, just need the other screws that go directly into the 4 threads on the socket and basically the same hardware for everything else.

I use my old motherboard, Asus Z87-Deluxe/Quad with the Intel backplate included in the box.

So for the new motherboard I don't need any backplate????

Do you have a picture of the screws i ned????

Nikoline

Hi,

I do not have a digital copy of the manual on me, but it is in there if you maybe kept the box?

The screws have threads on both sides, one side shorter than the other and the shorter side screw thread is bigger.

You just screw the short end into the MB side then drop on the block, use the white washers and then the thrumb screws to secure it down.

If you need further help, I will try to dig one up or take a picture of one here.

16 minutes ago, ThermalMike said:

Hi,

I do not have a digital copy of the manual on me, but it is in there if you maybe kept the box?

The screws have threads on both sides, one side shorter than the other and the shorter side screw thread is bigger.

You just screw the short end into the MB side then drop on the block, use the white washers and then the thrumb screws to secure it down.

If you need further help, I will try to dig one up or take a picture of one here.

I have the box and also a copy of the manual as pdf.

Next will be buying a cpu and memory.

Tnx so much for your help, Mike

Nikoline