Tt Leo

• 5 weeks later...

Hi There,

I thought I would share my View71, which I have just rebuilt (first time I've lifted a screwdriver to a PC in nearly 25 Years!).

I have had the machine since July'19 and it was built by the store using what was available at the time - 3950X, RTX 2080 Super, 128GB 3600Mhz Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB, 2TB MP600, TT Floe Riing RGB 360 , TT Grand 850W, Corsair K95 and Ironclaw.

Over December'21 I decided to upgrade the cooling and try reduce the amount of RGB SW I was running, so I opted to go with Corsair, as I preferred ICUE to TTRGB. So, I upgraded to a 420mm Capellix AIO, replaced the TT case fans with 3 x 140MM and added 5 x 120MM. I threw in 4 LED strips for good measure...

Cheers

Beast after Rebuild.jpg

Edited by NonStopZA
Missed out GPU

12 hours ago, NonStopZA said:

:)

So far so good, the machine is running about 5c cooler than it was... and we are having some high ambient temps at the moment.

5C could be better - make sure the airflow is throughout the case hence same number of extractors and intake fans

On 1/25/2022 at 1:46 AM, View71 said:

5C could be better - make sure the airflow is throughout the case hence same number of extractors and intake fans

Hi There, thanks for the advice... we are having high ambient temps here at the moment, but I am seeing about 5C lower CPU temps with ambient up about 7C... I've been doing a fair bit of data logging and graphing, and to be honest, after experimenting the 5 x 120mm don't really add a lot of cooling value (but they do look pretty :) )

I see a fairly consistent difference between my exhaust and intake of about +/- 2.5C ... even when repeatedly stressing the system by running Cinebench and Furmark simultaneously (CPU +/-82c, GPU +/- 73c, Chipset, NVMe, DIMM temperatures increase by about 10%, coolant temps avg around 42c ... so I assume that heat is being removed rather than hanging around in the case). At idle CPU sits at 49c (this would have previously been around 58c) with an ambient air temperature of 28c ... coolant sits around 37c... 3950X does generate some heat, so I assume all is in order?

However, I am thinking about going vertical mount on the GPU, I'd appreciate any advice on this (I am aware that this will push up GPU temp, but since my GPU generally runs cooler than my CPU, I think it should balance things out) ...

The TT Website doesn't really give me many clues, so far as I can tell the best cable for my View 71 would be the 300mm 16x Premium Riser Cable PCI-E 3 (PN AC-045-CN1OTN-C1) … is that correct cable? I am running a 2080 Super so I am not worried about PCI-E 4  (the 2080 has plenty of grunt for Outlook).

Cheers

On 1/28/2022 at 1:19 AM, NonStopZA said:

However, I am thinking about going vertical mount on the GPU, I'd appreciate any advice on this (I am aware that this will push up GPU temp, but since my GPU generally runs cooler than my CPU, I think it should balance things out) ...

The TT Website doesn't really give me many clues, so far as I can tell the best cable for my View 71 would be the 300mm 16x Premium Riser Cable PCI-E 3 (PN AC-045-CN1OTN-C1) … is that correct cable? I am running a 2080 Super so I am not worried about PCI-E 4  (the 2080 has plenty of grunt for Outlook).

Cheers

I never was interested in vertical mount since this position got no active cooling while the slot mount provides air from 2 (intake) bottom fans . 

• 3 months later...

Got a little crazy with this build. 400mm rad w/ 2x Riing 20s will fit... just don't take no for an answer & grab your drill. Also, I've been meaning to take the GPU block apart because, unfortunately, the LED strip isn't connected. Wish I had better pics but I wanted to be sure RAM block was included. 

Wish this case did 200mms on the front like my Level 20 GT, but overall love this case. It's also some of the best cable management I've managed to pull off. 

Specs:

• CPUI: Intel i9-10900K, de-lidded, w/ conductonaut liquid metal direct die cooling (thank you Rockit Cool) & EK Quantum Velocity d-rgb waterblock
  • GPU: EVGA FTW3 RTX3070 w/ EK Quantum Vector waterblock
  • Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws 2x16gb, 4200c15-15-15-35 de-lidded w/ EK Monarch heatsinks & Monarch X4 waterblock 
  • Motherboard: Aorus Z590 Ultra 
  • Power Supply: Thermaltake Toughpower 850w 
  • Storage
    • 1-Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB NVMe
    • 1-Patriot VPN100 500GB NVMe
  • Cooling
    • 1-Alphacool NexXxos 400mm radiator (side)
      • 2-Thermaltake Riing Trio 20
    •  1-Thermaltake Pacific C360 360mm radiator (top)
      • 3-Thermaltake Riing Quad 14 (top, push)
      • 3-ID-COOLING no-12015-xt-argb 120x15mm (top, pull)
      • 1-Noctua NF-A8 80mm fan (top)
    • 1-Magicool 140mm radiator (rear)
      • 1-Thermaltake Riing Quad 14 (rear)
    • 3-Thermaltake Riing Quad 12 (front)
    • 1-Barrow 18w D5 pump

20220221_165409.jpg

20220221_165253.jpg

20220122_150446.jpg

20220219_174500.jpg

20220216_081153.jpg

20220111_100215.jpg

• 2 months later...

Hi everyone, 
I am proud owner of an 71 View too and I need to know how did you guys install THREE (3) Radiators in this chassis?
I want to add three (3) 360 radiators to it. I need help! ;)

On 4/25/2020 at 2:56 AM, View71 said:

... proper air throughput is  the key hence same amount of intake/sucker fans. Usually case front/bottom is intake while top/back is exhaust area depending on your configuration of course. Sucker fans (exhaust) can be 1 more but never intake fans.

english phrases like intake and sucker fans are confusing me.

I have all my fans at the outside of the chassis sucking air and pushing it out away from the chassis.

I think this is the best practice for when you have watercooling radiators. 
Isn't it?

• 4 months later...

I have some cats and dogs (or my wife has) so i need over pressure in my case because of much dust. But to much over pressure isnt that good for the Airflow. In addition with more intake fans the heat from the radiators warming all components in the case.  This is not good for the cooling. 

But this is a general Problem not from the view 71. Especially with a RTX3090 its much harder to get a good balance.