Controller Not Recognized

JLHSolutions

I just bought the 5 pack of Riing Plus 14 RGB fans for my new AMD Threadripper build. I got it all assembled and installed the latest version of the TT software, 1.1.6, and it will not recognize my 2nd controller. I have them daisy chained using the supplied cable. But the software doesn't see the 2nd controller. I have the dip switches on the first controller all set to off. The second controller, on the dip switch for position 1 is turned on. The rest are off. 

I am using the AMD Threadripper CPU and have read there are some issues with the controllers not working with the AMD chipset. Is there a way I can see if this controller is one of the old stock or newer one that works with the AMD Ryzen chips.

Hello,

Please take a picture of the controllers you have on the dip switch side.

Either post them here or PM me, I see you are in the USA as well, you can just jump to our support for this and they can help as well.

You likely have a older controller and just need to swap that out.

https://thermaltakeusa.zendesk.com/hc/en-us

Hi,

First thing at a glance I see you have both controller on the same dip switch with them all down which is the default.

Can you check?

Move Dip #1 up to make it Controller #2 and retest.

You have the latest controller and the updated Power cable as well, this should be an easy issue to solve from your photos.

Keep us posted.

I unplugged the power in controller 1. Then plugged it back in. The first controller was recognized. So I tried it with the 2nd one. Still nothing. Then I lost the first controller. I'm not sure what the issue. I've swapped the 2nd controller and put it as the first. Still nothing. The software hangs and almost crashes Windows 10. Not sure if that is normal. 

Seems like that 2nd controller is defective then.

Basically #1 works by itself but #2 does not and also does not work together.

Please make sure to check connections for power and the USB going into the controller specifically. Give that connection a push into the controller, hold it there and see if the software just detects it. Might not be fully seated, we can swap the cable out or cable/box whatever works best. If this is the issue, you can just cut some of the plastic off on the UBS connector going into the controller so it goes in further and should solve the issue.

Keep us posted

• 3 weeks later...

I tried all these steps plus more and I get nothing. I wish someone would get my system right! I have 4 controller boxes now and all 4 are giving a different error. controller 1 just isn't recognizing its hooked up in my device manager. giving error code H0-001 can't connect in Thermaltake software. Controller 2 gives me a cation yellow sign in my device manager saying device has basically been stopped. Controller 3 just won't turn the lights on but I know the molex power is what helps the controller give the fans lights and there is nothing wrong with the power connection cause I swapped power connection from the other controller boxes. Controller 4 don't give me lights or spin my fans. I have the asus maximus z270 9 code i7700k intel motherboard. My fans did work for an hour but once I turned my computer off completely and back on. Controllers started doing what I mention above. I have 360 flow Riing premium tt edition radiator and view 91 rgb case. A total of 7 awesome fans when they worked for an hour!! I'm starting to see the controller boxes has its on memory and the memory messes up like a thumb flash drive would over time that gets unplugged wrong or turned off.

• 2 years later...
On 2/19/2018 at 1:58 PM, JLHSolutions said:

I just bought the 5 pack of Riing Plus 14 RGB fans for my new AMD Threadripper build. I got it all assembled and installed the latest version of the TT software, 1.1.6, and it will not recognize my 2nd controller. I have them daisy chained using the supplied cable. But the software doesn't see the 2nd controller. I have the dip switches on the first controller all set to off. The second controller, on the dip switch for position 1 is turned on. The rest are off. 

I am using the AMD Threadripper CPU and have read there are some issues with the controllers not working with the AMD chipset. Is there a way I can see if this controller is one of the old stock or newer one that works with the AMD Ryzen chips.

i am haveing the same problem. have you found a fix?

• 2 months later...

I have 12 riing quads and 4 riing trios  also tt pump and tt waterblock but in most of the time when i start my pc or restart it one or 2 of the 4 controllers showing up in device manager with ( This device cannot start. (Code 10 ) and if i uninstall and than seaching for hardware change will be installed properly sometimes have to repeat it 2-3 times untilll the ( ! ) is removed from device manager  please help me!

all the controller have conecterd corectly and they also properly deep switched and connected .. Motherboard : Gigabyte Aorus X570 Xtreme , GIgabyte RTX 3090 Xtreme WB  , AMD Ryzen 5950X 

Xabiro@live.com

https://imgur.com/MBe7PWQ

https://imgur.com/ptDdKR5

Watch out for the molex wire from the controller - sometime when you push it in to the molex wire on the PSU, it will pop out the back instead of going in and might be hard to notice.

I'm still having crazy problems, but once I got the bridge cables going well. had the controller buttons set for controller  & 2 (73 &4...), it worked a bit better though still buggy.

• 2 months later...

i have a sort of similar issue i have 6 riing quads and 2 rgb controllers. they were all working in unison no issues for about a week. my first controller switches are default and my 2nd are set to 6. the other day i got a warning that there was an issue with controller 6. i only have 1 fan plugged in. but now my controller 1 isnt recognized the fans and rgb are working i just cant address them or sync them with the 2nd controller.

15 hours ago, ashkanimous said:

i have a sort of similar issue i have 6 riing quads and 2 rgb controllers. they were all working in unison no issues for about a week. my first controller switches are default and my 2nd are set to 6. the other day i got a warning that there was an issue with controller 6. i only have 1 fan plugged in. but now my controller 1 isnt recognized the fans and rgb are working i just cant address them or sync them with the 2nd controller.

so i just restarted my pc today and its back to functioning normal. still would appreciate any materials/ knowledge on this

• 7 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Controller Error Code: H_0x0001 fix 1950X THREADRIPPER
built my PC back in 2020 the controls work for a bit but then stopped .  fast forward 3 years i finally figured out the fix and am sharing it .

MY BUILD 
Threadripper 1950X 
ASUS X399-A Motherboard
5 Riing quad 120mm
TT RGB PIPE FITTINGS 
TT WATERPUMP 
TT W6 water-cool block 

i lost hope after all the negative comments I've read online about the controls . Controller Error Code: H_0x0001 fix .
simple fix is to enable the ASUS motherboard RGB and update ARMOURY CRATE . updating AC will force your PC to reboot should take about 5 minutes to reboot and all controls should be working fine right after . or at least that was my problem or how my problem was fixed . so if you turned off RGB or haven't updated AC in a while then that could be the fix. also make sure your firewall isn't blocking the software. hope this help someone as I was so frustrated. I shared pics as proof 

Screenshot 2023-03-15 200301.png

Screenshot 2023-03-15 200155.png

Screenshot 2023-03-15 200430.png