Help with understanding what Radiator will fit with Drive Cage installed

AviatorDuck

Hi,

The drive cage is a dual slot tray, so 480mm would be out as well if you included 1 of them on the side. (This is also if you plan to run 2 radiators as well)

You should be fine with a 360mm and just would have to position the 420mm accordingly for the tank on top.

It really depends if you are going to put a drain port or something on there as well, your best case scenario would be to have the drive cage on the bottom with the radiator above it. Again, with the 420mm it is going to be a tight fit, but it should work :)

Thanks Mike,

Question: Best way to configure the Tower 900...Rads above or below the Drive Cages? With my office configuration the Tower 900 will be sitting on the floor. Not my first choice due to dust considerations. But that begs the question, Drive cages above or below the radiator? ( I see logic that putting the Rads above the drive cages reduces dust and putting the highest heat source at the  highest point in the chassis, but I have not seen anyone build one like that...comments/Thoughts?) (I also see the logic of putting the Rads below the drive cages so that the drain port is there and is the lowest point of loop. Thoughts/comments? )

Question: Where would you put your drain port on the Tower 900? 

Background Info: I have been building custom PC's for years and years, but this is my first time into Water Cooling, SLI video cards, and Overclocking. My plan is to run the Tower 900 dual loop, Loop 1 for monoblock (Asus Strix x299, Intel i9-7980XE Overclocked). Loop 2 for Dual Asus Posideon gtx 1080TI video cards. I use my computer for gaming and as a "Mini Lab" for my work (think lots of virtual machines running DB's, App Servers, Active Directory Domains, etc) So those 18 cores will be put to work! I will be running 128 GB RAM and a 28TB RAID 5 Drive Array off the MB as well (thus my other post about getting additional drive cages for the Tower 900. :) )

• 2 months later...
On ‎2‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 5:08 PM, ThermalMike said:

Hi,

The drive cage is a dual slot tray, so 480mm would be out as well if you included 1 of them on the side. (This is also if you plan to run 2 radiators as well)

You should be fine with a 360mm and just would have to position the 420mm accordingly for the tank on top.

It really depends if you are going to put a drain port or something on there as well, your best case scenario would be to have the drive cage on the bottom with the radiator above it. Again, with the 420mm it is going to be a tight fit, but it should work :)

Thought I would throw out there for the community what I did in the end. You were so very right with your advice on fit! I was able to put the Alphacool 360 UT 60 X-Flow radiator in and put both drive cages in without chassis modification. See Attached picture. But I could not get a 420 x-flow to fit..even with modifying the case..(I was trying to find a way to get the 420 UT 60 X-flow Radiators into this rig, but even with relocating top case fan and relocating and stacking the drive cages on top of each other at the top of the case would not have given me enough room to mount them!) :( So again, thanks for the great info! Very much appreciated! 

IMG_0609.jpg

• 2 years later...

APA referencing is not at all an easy task. You may get confused with all the rules and guidelines of this citation style and end up delivering an improperly referenced paper. Use our APA reference style generator for free and get over with your citation blues today.

The main features of our citation generator in APA style are:

· Returns 100% accurate results

· Generates quick solutions

· Easy to access

· Flexible with kinds of sources

We have designed our APA generator online to help you with the citations and referencing. You don’t have to search for APA referencing generator anywhere else.

Easy-To-Use-APA-Citation-Generator-Machine (1).jpg