Run 123 Riing fans direct from a 12V battery

Ippo

Hi Everyone:

I bought a pack of 3 Riing 12 fans for a wind tunnel science project for my son.

I want to run them directly from a 12V battery with the speed controller so he can have high and low speed.

Any idea which of the 4 wires i need to connect the 12V battery to? 

• Ippo changed the title to Run 123 Riing fans direct from a 12V battery
  • 5 years later...
On 2/20/2018 at 7:46 PM, Ippo said:

Hi Everyone:

I bought a pack of 3 Riing 12 fans for a wind tunnel science project for my son.

I want to run them directly from a 12V battery with the speed controller so he can have high and low speed.

Riing 12 fans typically have a 4-pin connector. The wires usually correspond to the following functions:

Red (or Yellow): +12V DC (Power)

Black: Ground (0V)

Yellow (or Green): RPM Signal (for monitoring fan speed)

Blue (or White): PWM Control (for adjusting fan speed)

In your case, to run the fans directly from a 12V battery with a speed controller, you would typically connect the red wire (or yellow wire, depending on the model) to the positive terminal of the battery and the black wire to the negative terminal. This provides power to the fan.

If you have a speed controller, you can use the blue (or white) wire to control the fan speed. Connect the blue (or white) wire to the output of the speed controller. The other end of the speed controller would be connected to the negative terminal of the battery.

Make sure to double-check the fan specifications and markings on the wires to ensure you are connecting them correctly. If your fans have a different color code or if you are uncertain about the wiring, referring to the fan's manual or contacting the manufacturer's support for guidance would be a good idea.

Remember to observe proper safety precautions when working with electrical components and batteries, and ensure that the voltage and current requirements of the fans match the specifications of the battery and speed controller.

On 2/20/2018 at 9:46 PM, Ippo said:

Hi Run 3 :

To connect the fans to your 12V battery with a speed controller, you will need to connect the +12V wire and the Ground wire of each fan to the corresponding terminals of the battery. The PWM wire can be connected to the speed controller to adjust the fan speed as desired.