Riing Plus and Lumi Plus help (before I return everything)

kewlmunky

Hoping I can get some help by posting my own thread. I've tried calling Thermaltake numerous times and there is never an agent available. I left a voice message last week and have yet to get a call back. I've also emailed Thermaltake several times (not just for this issue, but in the past for other issues) and have never gotten a reply. If I don't get some help here, I will be sending my products back and will be done with Thermaltake permanently.

I was running just a five fan pack of Riing Plus 14 RGB fans just fine with all the dip switches set to down/off. I have the newer controller, as I just purchased them January 29th.

I added the lumi plus pack last week. I connected it to the second micro USB header on my USB 2.0 header to double micro USB header Y cable that came with my five fan pack. I set dip switch 1 to up/on, with the other 3 to down/off.

When I load up into windows I get a notice that there is an error with controller 2. All my fans work fine and show up in the software. The LED strips light up and run, but they do not show up in the software. I then tried to the use the daisy chain cable between the controllers, instead of connecting both to the Y cable. The result was the same. I unhooked my fan controller, and set all dip switches to down/off on the lumi plus controller. I get a controller error still.

Another note is I am running software version 1.1.5. I tried to get version 1.1.6, however whenever I download it it always shows an installer for V1.1.3 in the zip file. After several attempts of installing that and trying to load it up, it crashes every time. I am running Windows 10 64-bit.

Before I filed a warranty claim, I wanted to make sure I had everything hooked up properly and there was no other possibly. 

I hope I can finally get some sort of response.

Thanks

Hi,

Thanks for posting up so we can assist.

I will PM you as well about the contact issues, want to know more and where you contacted and all that.

About the issue:

1. The warning message that will pop up is likely when 1 of the ports on any controller does not have something connected, all you have to do is turn off that port on that controller. This is a warning feature built into the software to alert you if one of your fans fail, but it can be tough to understand in the beginning.

2. For the Lumi Plus, you need to determine which port on the software is where the lumi is and click the blue down arrow on the drop down menu at the top of each module within the controller. There you will see all the plus products and you just need to tell the software this one is for Lumi Plus and it will change to that configuration.  - Then you can setup the colors or just color color it to match port#1.

3. Version 1.1.6 should be live now, we had a issue with the upload version and it should now be corrected. Either our www.thermaltakeusa.com or www.thermakltake.com global site.

Side note make sure you connect the Lumi Plus stripes into the controller that came with the lumi plus, it is the only way you can get multiple strips to work together. If you use a Riing Plus controller, only 1 strip will activate. Other devices into the controller from the lumi plus is fine.

Thank you for your reply!

About the drop downs on the devices on the software. I have all 3 lumi plus strips linked together, and connected to the lumi plus controller. In my software, I only see 5 devices, which I thought corresponded to my 5 fans. Wouldn't a 6th device show up, or does the software only show a max of 5 at a time?

Thanks

Hi,

Ok cool , that's fine to link them together.

You will need to determine which port on the controller you are using for the Lumi strip out of the 5 available on the controller.

The controller only has 5 ports, once you confirm which one the strips are on, click that drop down to get it changed to the lumi.

Once you have it changed over, enter your settings and click save or just click save and it should be good.

Okay, I figured it out. In the top left-hand corner I could click to 2, but it still just showed five fans. I assumed this was because I got the controller 2 error. So once I'm here, I can switch device 1 to lumi and control my LED strips. I'll disable the other four, being I am not using them.

Thank you for the help.

Yes, once you figure it out the first time it is much easier.

I am working on a new video to help explain more about how to setup this stuff to help.

For the ports not used, yea turn them off so they dont bug you and then if you see this again, it helps to let you know something is going on and is great to prevent a bigger problem because you may have not seen it.

Keep in mind too with those extra ports you got room to add more stuff :)

Call our support we can look into a quote for you to get just one fan.

We sell singles on our online store:

http://ttpremium.com/product/riing-plus-14-rgb-radiator-fan-single-fan/

But I think the page is down because we are out of stock.

I asked our sales team to take a look to get more in stock.

You can also contact our support and get a quote for a single fan  and see if we have them available:

https://thermaltakeusa.zendesk.com/hc/en-us

Excellent. Thanks for your help.

I heard back from support about the single 140mm Riing Plus fan. They said they don't offer it. It seems strange that a 120mm one can be bought on it's own, but not a 140mm. I am contemplating doing a push-pull on my radiator, in which case I will just order a 3 pack, then.

On 2/24/2018 at 4:48 PM, kewlmunky said:

Excellent. Thanks for your help.

I heard back from support about the single 140mm Riing Plus fan. They said they don't offer it. It seems strange that a 120mm one can be bought on it's own, but not a 140mm. I am contemplating doing a push-pull on my radiator, in which case I will just order a 3 pack, then.

You can call our support for spare parts to sell and see.

I discuss with our sales already to add in the Riing Plus 14 Singles to ttpremium.com

In the meantime if you are in USA, just submit a ticket to check.

https://thermaltakeusa.zendesk.com/hc/en-us