Toughpower DPS G 1050W fan curve

Is it possible, to adjust the fancurve slightly? You know, it is not the most quiet psu, but that is not the actual problem, the problem is, that in an almost 5 second interval, it starts speeding up the fan to over 1600rpm for a few seconds, then drops the rpm to 900 and a few seconds again up to over 1600. It is really really annoying. If it simply kept the rpm at around 1200-1400, it would be way less annoying, even if it is pretty loud, compared to other psus, but always hearing a turbine start and slow down over and over again cant be right, now can it?

Just to show you what I mean, look at the picture. The fan doesnt look like a graph, it is more like someone tried to fill the whole area. Could an updated fancurve come with an updated DPS App?

MVIMG_20180224_105358.jpg

• 7 months later...

1150554689_2018-10-0922_20_33-nv02-TeamViewer-Freelicense(non-commercialuseonly).thumb.png.9af8fc4de0875f3547350045dafc748c.png

Hi all,

I can totally agree! I registered especially here, because of this annoying problem.

My PSU is at 1000W use (57% of my 1500W RGB PSU), and it's whinning at 1200 up to 1800 RPM! Every 5 seconds it's changing it's RPM. This is insane. It has a hard-wired temperature of 40 C, when this temperature is reached, fan is spinning faster and faster until it reaches 39 C. Then, it slows fan down completely to 1200 or less, so temperature is back again to 40 C in a matter of 3 seconds. This is just wrong.

I am thinking about returning my both 1500W PSU because this is unacceptable. This is not smart power or fan management at all, this is very dumb.

Thermaltake, how we can fix this? Any comment, please? We need workaround right now.

I've made a video to you can see what I mean:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O0qLXcxV910

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tk1I12NqmbQ

As you can see there, 40 C is a magic barrier. Less than 40 C = stable fan speed, everything is perfect. 40 C reached = PSU will spin up and up until is reaches 39 C back again. Noise levels are insane. Constant fan speed is just fine, but up and down, up and down every few seconds is just wrong.

Hi Pioruns,

can you try to increase or decrease the loading of your PSU? 

the threshold of PSU loading is at 1050W, which means that if your PSU loading is over 1050W, the fan speed will spin up from 1200 RPM to 1600 RPM, or even higher

if your loading is lower than 1050W, the fan speed will keep at around 1200RPM

please find following for the graph of RPM vs loading under different modes

image.png.9459adc9b7d2b5d2cad828ba90d34639.png

That would be perfectly fine, is PSU stays at 1600 RPM all the time.

Or if I can choose 1600 RPM manually.

But this PSU is constantly changing RPM of the fan, every few seconds.

You've seen my video?

This is abnormal behaviour. If load is big, RPM should be 1600, not 1200-1800 changing all the time!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

OK I will be waiting. In the meantime, I've already put Thermaltake 750W Smart PRO RGB power supply for sale on eBay. I still got few more, though, which I am using.

In the current state of things your product is unusable garbage (when in high load). Please fix this as soon as possible. I can't image how this could slip through your quality testing.

15 minutes ago, IamTheFox said:

at least you lucky to get ur Rpms  up mine wont even pass 480  on Performance.  im going to RMA this garbage.

Yeah, mine is spinning like madman. Up and down, up and down. It's like fake PSU from Aliexpress. NOT A TOP PRODUCT FROM Thermaltake. It's a joke.

We are waiting for a fix here, Thermaltake.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/5/2018 at 5:54 PM, pioruns said:

Original issue has been reported February 24. That's 284 DAYS since first report.

If you have beta version of your software I will be happy to test it.

that's crazy  men i feel the pain i issue an RMA  and got it today , this one is even worse . i'm calling them tomorrow again.  you should do the same  don't hesitate  we paid  big buck for this things .

On 12/5/2018 at 11:54 PM, pioruns said:

Original issue has been reported February 24. That's 284 DAYS since first report.

If you have beta version of your software I will be happy to test it.

I'm exactly in the same situation.
how it is possible that a high-end product is so bad??
I bought recently the IRGB PLUS 1050w too, and the fan runs too fast for the insignificant load it has. The noise is unbearable all day long.
In addition, the DPS G app does not work, when reboot loses all settings, and if I use the "zero fan" mode I gain only 100/200 RPM less.
I hope someone will solve these issues, very quickly or I will change the manufacturer in this same way

Immagine.jpg