Why POSEIDON Z (KB-PIZ) cannot use on MAC OSX ?

osxuser

I have try the ANSI setting but no use.

At the same time I have try to connect another brand name keyboard and can work properly.

So I am wonder why my new keyboard doesn't work on Mac. Is it hardware problem or this keyboard design is not compatible with Mac?  

Thank you for your reply. 

• 1 month later...
Guest Tt Paul

I also encountered some problems on mac, can you help me to solve this problems @@ thanks.

Hi, gogo0321

Due to compatibility issue, POSEIDON ZX doesn't work with Mac system, sorry for any inconvenience. 

• 4 months later...
Guest Tt Josh

Hey Mariachi,

As we have the N-Key Rollover feature for our POSEIDON Z keyboards, that's the reason causing problem for MAC, therefore, currently MAC is not compatible.

However, we will surely look into this issue and create something which is fully compatible! ;)

Thanks for the fast response. I think I have tested other mechanical keyboards with macs and they worked, so it was a surprise. 

I was thinking about using key mapping software to solve the issue, but it seems the n-key rollover means the keyboard sends more than one scan code for a single keystroke. I haven't tested it yet, but if this is the case, simple key mapping won't work. Is this documented somewhere? Is it possible to use key mapping to get the keyboard working on a mac? 

Guest Tt Josh

Hey Mariachi, as for this stage, the N-Key Rollover technology will not work perfectly with MAC OSX, but we might come up with a update in the future to resolve all that issue for MAC OSX. 

Regarding on the key mapping, it might not resolve the problem, however you can surely give it a go! ;)

• 3 months later...

This is sad. You have great products but clearly don't care about your users on this one. Going to return this product and buy a competitors. Your other keyboards have worked great before. And clearly you do not notice the growing mac community. There has been plenty of time for a solution. You have issued firmware for the RGB so i know you can do it but don't care to. Just sad. Returning product for my money back and i will never buy a product from you again.

Guest Tt Josh

This is sad. You have great products but clearly don't care about your users on this one. Going to return this product and buy a competitors. Your other keyboards have worked great before. And clearly you do not notice the growing mac community. There has been plenty of time for a solution. You have issued firmware for the RGB so i know you can do it but don't care to. Just sad. Returning product for my money back and i will never buy a product from you again.

We're now looking into the MAC firmware for everyone and this might be available in the future.

• 2 months later...

This stinks. Thermaltake is my #1 suggestion when asked and now I've run into this.

I hate to get rid of this piece of beauty, as I really enjoy the mechanical keys and the lovely pop, plus it is the perfect size for my desk.

On windows, this keyboard it the bomb. For the price, there is no competition and is hands down one of the best keyboards I've owned.

Unfortunately... I've got a kvm switch setup between windows and mac... so when things get froggy, and I have to hop between they systems, I have to use an additional keyboard.

This not only looks ridiculous and defeats the purpose of having $200 kvm, but it tarnishes the good name I've given to the Thermaltake dynasty. (That G10 case is still holding fort awesomeness, but its shaking at the knees considering that this issue has been open for over a year with no time-frame for when it will be closed)

I'm as close as you come to a "Thermaltake Fanboy" and you guys are crushing my little fanboy heart. Little tears well up when I hit the toggle and I have to face my shame, when I have to face what could have been.

Et tu Brute 

• 2 weeks later...

The thread you link was a nice option before 10.11, but now that that is out it no longer works.  

Is there a plan for an osx driver, or is there a way to disable n-key rollover on the keyboard?  I really like the switches but I have to use it on a Mac at work.

Best,

drmyk

• 5 months later...

We currently do not have the solution for our older version of POSEIDON Z/ZX yet...but our newer keyboard like our POSEIDON Z RGB works on MAC.

Thank you for this answer, That make me easy to cut the choice when I want to buy a new stuff in the future.