Tt Leo

hey,

can someone please find out specs. on the 200mm fans included in the case.

im getting conflicting info. from various web sites.

thermaltake v71 case fan - blue led 600-800 rpm 13-15dBA [ fan model - tt 2030 ; code - a2030l12s] no manufacturing date.

level 10 gt case - multi colour led (colour shift) - same specs

chaser mk-1 case - same as above

and 200mm thermaltake PURE 20cm fan - model no. and code are the same but specs look different. [800 rpm - 15dBA VS. 800 rpm - 28dBA]

{ http://www.thermaltake.com/products-model.aspx?id=C_00002235 }

Ok few questions -

1.are the fans capable of changing colour?

2.same specs as the PURE 20cm?

3.why can't i read rpm signal when connected to mb?

4.what is the voltage output from the fan controller when on high?

sorry bout all the questions, but i just need to get my facts straight before i sort out my airflow config.

thanks

Hi loving this case and the cooling it provides. :)900x900px-LL-e8245dc6_20140721_140811_zp

Just one issue with the labeling and the fake chrome of the power button wearing off already only had the case a few months anyone else seen this happen so soon?

I will post a pic of the worn button and label soon(waiting for my phone to charge) sorry its my ocd acting up! I just dont think this should happen so soon being that the case is near new and was not cheap to purchase here in New Zealand.

20140825_151121_zpsa0b12f63.jpg

20140825_150919_zps5a5802f5.jpg

20140825_150847_zps76e12ad4.jpg

Hi, I would like to give Thermaltake staff a big THANKYOU :D  you guys have great customer service! Some other tech companies could learn a thing or two from your rma department.

Had a small issue with the labeling and the power button chrome on the top panel wearing out far to soon and what they did was send me a whole new top panel which was far more than i expected..thanks again you guys. The new panel arrived at my New Zealand address Friday after only posting my issue on the forum a few weeks ago..super impressive :)

hey thanks Tt leo for checking.

guess i'll have to try something like this

IMG_1875_zps3fc583be.jpg

or

20131031_051946.jpg

i found these guys that had pretty good results.

hope it doesn't lose resale value.

That,s just what i`m looking at doing, is that a 140mm fan? Is that your actual case? if not do you have a link? cheers

Wow CyberDracula, that red theme looks actually very cool!

Did it take long to do?

Spray painting was easy, it took about  24 hours (this includes the drying time ;) ) :

- remove all the black parts (to remove the front locking mechanism  you have to push out the axle) 

- one layer of plastic primer

- 30 min of drying

- 2 layers of red paint (2 min drying time between them)

- 24 hours of drying

Changing the LEDs is a bit of a pain :) mostly because you have to drill out the old LEDs (cant get them out because of the glue used by Thermaltake, note to them: use some hot glue next time :D ), the hole operation took about 2-3 hours.

hey,

can someone please find out specs. on the 200mm fans included in the case.

im getting conflicting info. from various web sites.

thermaltake v71 case fan - blue led 600-800 rpm 13-15dBA [ fan model - tt 2030 ; code - a2030l12s] no manufacturing date.

level 10 gt case - multi colour led (colour shift) - same specs

chaser mk-1 case - same as above

and 200mm thermaltake PURE 20cm fan - model no. and code are the same but specs look different. [800 rpm - 15dBA VS. 800 rpm - 28dBA]

{ http://www.thermaltake.com/products-model.aspx?id=C_00002235 }

Ok few questions -

1.are the fans capable of changing colour?

2.same specs as the PURE 20cm?

3.why can't i read rpm signal when connected to mb?

4.what is the voltage output from the fan controller when on high?

sorry bout all the questions, but i just need to get my facts straight before i sort out my airflow config.

thanks

Answer:

1. Fan colors are changeable only if they have the function with the controller. 

2. Besides the size of the fan, all the fan you mentioned has different specs.

3. Signal wire/cable (yellow) is designed for LED color control instead of rpm control, therefore the MB will not be able to read it. It will only work with specific controller.

4. The voltage output from the fan controller when on high is 12V

Basically the fans are made for specific models, the Pure 20 is for general uses that works with MB or general fan hub or fan controller

If your intention is to install another 200mm fan into V71 and work with V71 controller, none of the fan you mention beside V71's fan will work with V71's controller

Spray painting was easy, it took about  24 hours (this includes the drying time ;) ) :

- remove all the black parts (to remove the front locking mechanism  you have to push out the axle) 

- one layer of plastic primer

- 30 min of drying

- 2 layers of red paint (2 min drying time between them)

- 24 hours of drying

Changing the LEDs is a bit of a pain :) mostly because you have to drill out the old LEDs (cant get them out because of the glue used by Thermaltake, note to them: use some hot glue next time :D ), the hole operation took about 2-3 hours.

Nice man! i'm loving your build, i will 1 day follow in your footsteps to change the LED's but might have to find some time for that :P

I love this case.  Mine should be shipping soon and I can't wait!

Yes it's a fantastic case glad I got it, had a fair few cases in the past few years from a cm haf x to a Corsair 540 air and 900D and this case is far superior for my needs.

Also tt customer support is awesome, enjoy your new case mate.

• 3 weeks later...

Nice build Drevni! 

BTW did you paint the front panel white? looks quite cool

Yes also edited my previous post to add a picture of the top panel painted white and assembled, going to make an internal front panel for 3 Odin 12s in white so I can off-center them for a reservoir to be beside them. and 6 Odin 12s for a radiator, thats my bucket list anyway, wish the Odin series came in 140mm so I could of done 3 odin 12s and 4 odin 140s for my rad, I know Tt is coming out with LC parts soon so some parts could change :) It will be awhile before I can get more parts,no build money for awhile it seems :( It will get done though!

hey thanks Tt leo for checking.

guess i'll have to try something like this

IMG_1875_zps3fc583be.jpg

or

20131031_051946.jpg

i found these guys that had pretty good results.

hope it doesn't lose resale value.

I plan on doing this in the near future using a Luna 14 case fan and a custom grill.  Will post some pics when completed.

Hellow,

i just want to ask if there is a possible way to connect the LED controller on the case to external LED, i have put some LED stripes and connected it through molex and it worked just fine, now i want to be able to switch them off from the controller on the case, is there any possible way to do it. ?

i know i could just connect a switch to do that but it would be nice if i could just connect everything through the case controller.

also is it possible to connect the RPM controller to the extra 200mm fan ? without a Y wire. ?

:D ! <3

Gday,

Just thought i'd share what i ended up doing.

Worked out pretty good. Easily dropped max. gpu temp. by a good 10-15C (especially the top one - now both cards are within 3C of each other at 100% load). And case is 20C cooler than my old 650d.

With the fan on the side don't really need any lighting IMO.

post-839-0-06983700-1413175170_thumb.jpg

post-839-0-53133900-1413175218_thumb.jpg

post-839-0-19873700-1413175226_thumb.jpg

post-839-0-06616300-1413175235_thumb.jpg

post-839-0-65903500-1413175243_thumb.jpg

Nice marcnaz !!

Was their a drop in temps on your cards with the 200mm side exhaust fan?

In regards to the side exhaust fan i reckon it mainly keeps the case cooler. Its the two 140mm front intake fans for the gpus that really improved things.

Although i'm sure the 200 does help a bit (ie: cooler case = cooler everything inside)

Also the top rad is set to intake - so the 200 helps there also.

Ps.: I hooked up a voltmeter to the fan controller power out and noticed it topped out at 9V (high) & 6V (low).The yellow wire seems to send out a 12V signal to just turn on the leds.
So connected it (with a y-splitter to another fan with rpm signal) to the MB and the yellow wire to the led switch and works like a charm (Lights + auto fan speed control).
When the 200mm is hooked up to the MB its noticeably louder and pushes out some serious air.