I'm working on my new build and bought a Level 10 GT case for the following:

ASUS Rampage V Extreme LGA 2011 v3 motherboard

Intel i7 5820K 6-core cpu

32 GB of Ripjaws 4 DDR4 memory

2 Zotac GTX 980 AMP! Omega graphics cards

Samsung 850 Pro 1 TB SSD

EVGA Super NOVA 1000 W power supply

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Extreme cpu liquid cooling system

My problem is the Level 10 GT has two 10-pin USB cables feeding the four USB 2.0 ports on the front panel.  The Rampage V Extreme has two 10-pin USB sockets on the board.  Unfortunately, the fan control for the Water 3.0 Extreme requires it be plugged into one of the 10-pin USB sockets and the Rampage V Extreme's Overclocking Module needs the other leaving me with no sockets left to plug in the front panel USB cables.

Anyone have any ideas how to get around this?

TIA!

• 4 weeks later...

You could run into some issues using a splitter especially if one of those splits going to be for the OC options with the mobo or the water 3.0 monitoring. 

A card would be the best way, you can stick a PCI-E 1x card in the bottom full PCI-E slot. 

Does not have to be installed in the 1x only. 

Might be your only real option for compatibility and performance. 

Would this help?  I have the same issue where I have a card reader I can't install yet, as well as the front USB ports, this is solving my issue.  And, it won't take up a PCI slot, I couldn't find a PCI card with INTERNAL headers anywhere.

http://www.frozencpu.com/products/10198/usb-07/NZXT_IU01_Internal_USB_Expansion_Power_Supplement_Board.html?id=czsvQ7zr&mv_pc=199#blank

Currently out of stock, but it was in stock about a week ago, they should get more in.

EDIT - Can purchase direct from NZXT, and they do have it in stock, $19.99 w/ $4.99 US shipping.

https://store.nzxt.com/products/iu01-usb-expansion

Avedis53 - I havent purchased it yet, will within the next two weeks.  It attaches via a velcro strip, and is only 3.54 inches, so I'm thinking on the top of my card reader, or on top of the cd player, somewhere in the 5.25 bay area or the 3.5  bay area, so you can't see it through the window, and it would make it easy to route the wires behind the back plate of the case with the openings to the left of the 5.25 bays.  I'll take a few pics once I have it installed and post them.  My only issue is finding a USB header to attach it to on my MB, going to have to disconnect something to plug it in and re-route it, but I'm sure I'll figure that out.

• 3 years later...
  • 5 months later...
On 11/3/2014 at 8:44 PM, ThermalMike said:

You could run into some issues using a splitter especially if one of those splits going to be for the OC options with the mobo or the water 3.0 monitoring.  Clean Master Adam4adam Mathway

A card would be the best way, you can stick a PCI-E 1x card in the bottom full PCI-E slot. 

Does not have to be installed in the 1x only. 

Might be your only real option for compatibility and performance. 

You can purchase a USB 2.0 internal 5 pin male (single row) to USB type A male adapter cable for Water 3.0 Extreme. Then connect it to outside/rear USB port. Or get a USB 2.0 controller card with 9 pin internal header.