The Anime/Manga Thread

Dabeavis

This is just a thread for discussing any anime we are interested in, have watched, want to watch, or whatever else applies.

I am easily a fan of classic anime including Kinnikuman, Fist of the North Star, Lupin the Third, Space Adventure Cobra, Ashita no Joe, Otokojuku, and Mobile Suit Gundam 0079 among others. I'm mainly inclined to classic franchises because I tend to feel MOST anime nowadays is too reliant on or deliberate with their use of fanservice and overly annoying characters compared to back then, thus I tend to avoid most modern animes but direct iterations/spinoffs of an older series (ex. Golgo 13 and JoJo's) or ones consisting primarily of adults (ex. Black Lagoon).

nFFzJEd.jpg

This is an image I once made by tracing over existing images of characters and putting them in one massive group pic, all of these except for Mazinger (waiting for better subs to be available online) I have watched at least one full episode of. Unfortunately I lost most of the individual images of each character so I can't really expand the roster without doing it all over again (It's not too difficult aside from Kenshiro and Gundam). I did do one recently of Moguro Fukuzou from Laughing Salesman (Which is my current avatar) but I'm not sure If I'll bother re-making the rest.

From left to right...Kitaro (GeGeGe no Kitaro), Ryotsu Kankichi (Kochikame), Mazinger Z, Kenshiro (Fist of the North Star), Lupin III, Astro Boy/Atom, Cobra (Space Adventure Cobra), RX-78 Gundam (Mobile Suit Gundam), Kinnikuman, Cutey Honey, Seiya (Saint Seiya / Knights of the Zodiac).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm currently watching City Hunter (Most might know of the comical Jackie Chan movie or the Korean live-action TV drama) which is the culmination of what I love about classic anime: A great soundtrack, a protagonist voiced by Akira Kamiya (Voiced Kinnikuman, Kenshiro from Hokuto no Ken, Shuutaro Mendou from Urusei Yatsura and the main pilot in Getter Robo) plenty of lines spoken randomly in english, and m&m's logos appearing on fast food bags and toasters. Also watching the OVA series of Jojo's Bizzare Adventure, finishing up the original 1973 Cutey Honey, and for manga I'm a couple volumes into Riki-Oh (Another series more well known for its live action movie "Story of Ricky", albeit a polar opposite to City Hunter)

I'm currently watching City Hunter (Most might know of the comical Jackie Chan movie or the Korean live-action TV drama, or Nicky Larson as this series was known as in France) which is the culmination of what I love about classic anime: A great soundtrack, a protagonist voiced by Akira Kamiya (Voiced Kinnikuman & Kenshiro as well as major characters in Space Battleship Yamato, Getter Robo, and Urusei Yatsura) plenty of lines spoken randomly in english, and m&m's every other episode.

lol that film brings back memories!!

Wasn't the best Jacky Chan film imo but nonetheless good to watch hehe

• 4 weeks later...

Lately I've been watching an especially bizarre series on Youtube called Warau Salesman which is currently being subbed. Every episode revolves around a mysterious dealer in the "soul business" named Moguro Fukuzou who works with clients free of charge to relieve them of their problems albeit in a manner that almost always leaves them worse off than prior, especially if they fail to abide any promises made.

• 9 months later...
  • 3 years later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 1 month later...

I've been watching anime for more than a 12 months and I have watched a ton of anime in that point, however fortuitously there are numerous extra exceptional indicates that i want to check out this listing will encompass manga as nicely because I've watched most of the anime that I prioritized, and recently I have been stepping into anime.

1. World trigger: Its a story where creatures(humans and other creatures) called as neighbors attack people on earth to extract something like chakra(from Naruto). And use it to increase their military strength. I'd recommend everyone to watch it. Its interesting as of now. Just now completed 49th episode and the series is still as interesting as it was from the first episode.
  2. Yowamushi pedal Glory Line(season 4) : it's been one of my favorite sports anime. It's related to cycling. Can't wait to see who wins the inter high.
  3. Dragon ball super: I think I don't need to tell about this as it is one of the popular anime nowadays and almost every anime filler list fan will watch it.
  4. One piece: yeah this one is also one of the most popular ones. So don't want to tell much about this one

View:  www.animefillerlist.net

• 4 weeks later...

Oyasumi Punpun was legitimately life-altering for me. The deep, dark, complicated and sympathetic-yet twisted way Inio Asano writes and draws the darkness of the characters in that manga is just #### jaw-droppingly excellent. That manga had a measurable impact on the way I see the world and the things I value in life. It was one of those reads for me where you when you're finished you're just sat there in a #### trance just soaking in what you've read in silence. Hands down one of the best things I've ever read and I don't ever think it will even get the chance to adapt to anime and if it did it would be a travesty https://onepunchmanmangaonline.net

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I recommend that you watch Kaichou-wa-maid-sama, which is my favourite anime! It's definitely worth a look. It's unique, it concludes conclusively, and while it employs the maid motif, it doesn't actually sexualize it (at least in my opinion). It's a fantastic anime. The manga was also recently completed, so if you like it as much as I did, you may read it as well.

• 1 year later...