Premium X1 RGB keyboard Owner's Club

Jag007

Hello,
We have a wonderful keyboard with original Cherry Mx switches. Thermaltake is a premium company selling excellent quality pc peripherals from long time, hence expectations from them is at par with their competitors, however at the same I found Premium X1 keyboards software is way too weak and buggy compared to competitors like Corsair and Razer's solution. I did not found any way to layer multiple RGB effects with this software and make cool custom lightning profiles. Thermaltake please advise if any possibility / hope of adding this multi layer effects capability with new software update from your end, so that we can have custom lighting profile sharing community like other brands. Thermaltake fans please share your thoughts / expectations about this.

Thanks......

Hi Jag007,

Thanks to your comments, we at Thermaltake will keep develop more lighting effects including at our mobile App control, and update our software with multilayer effects so one can make custom lighting profiles. And we will create a community pages that allows users to share custom lighting effects bas our SDK!

Again, we will keep to update our software for X1 keyboard, thank you!  

image.png

Hello Tt Johnny,
Great to hear that you guys at thermaltake are committed to update your keyboard software to have multilayer effects so that your offering will not lag in features. This is a great looking and performing keyboard for its price and having ability to multilayer effects will surely add more charm to this keyboard. It is a good idea that we will have community page to share custom lighting effects. Also one bug I found in your current software that it do not have "start with windows" option, (Mine do not start in windows 10)  hence kindly also add this small but necessary feature in your future update.
      As this is your current flagship keyboard, awaiting eagerly to have updated software with multilayer effects as early as possible. :)

Thanks.....

Hi Tt Johnny,

Thanks for quick reply, by "Start with windows" option I mean X1 RGB software do not start automatically when windows start, so last effect that I have choose do not load and I have to manually open software each time when windows completes loading. Normally many softwares do have option to start the software when windows start (In the form of a simple checkbox). Please forward this issue to your software team. Also is there any approx. timeline in horizon for updating software with multilayer effects? Also if you release keyboard SDK (Software development kit), there are many programmers out their who want to try their hands at modding and improving the software.

Thanks.....

• 3 months later...

Guys how is the RGB software for this keyboard still so bad, please don't bother with gimmicks like a mobile app and voice control until you get the basics like effect layering right.

Both Corsair and Razer are way ahead of you at this point an while it's all well and good to have the best hardware, when it comes to RGB it's the software that's make or break. Seriously considering returning my X1 ATM.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Tt Johnny,

Are we there yet for multi-layering of rgb effects support in our X1 software? This is must have feature of a modern rgb keyboard which is branded. I consider thermaltake as a reputed company and hence we have expectations from you guys that you will deliver a good software to back your excellent hardware product.

• Guest pinned this topic
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi,
I too have asus motherboard with win 10, when windows start and x1 software loads to screen (For some weird reason it won't start minimized I have to minimize it manually) for 2 seconds i see message keyboard not detected but then keyboard gets detected. May be you can try uninstalling and installing latest version. However software seems not stable in windows 10 as it sometimes crashes if i try to open manually, i have to try 2-3 times for opening software.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Can someone please help me because I'm starting to get really frustrated with this.

The software just says "Please plug in Thermaltake device to get started".

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the software several times.

I've tried disconnecting and reconnecting the keyboard when the software is running and when it's closed.

I've tried removing the keyboard within Windows device manager.

I've tried plugging the keyboard into different USB ports both USB 2 and 3.

I had several versions of Microsoft Visual C++ redistributable installed from games so I removed all of them and tried reinstalling the software in case they were conflicting with the version that comes with the software installer and still no luck. Sometimes when the software starts the keyboard shows up at the top of the window for about a second and then disappears which is strange.

I've tried contacting Thermaltake about this issue TWICE and in over a month and still haven't received a reply. This is my first Thermaltake product and I don't want it to be the last because I absolutely love the keyboard itself but I can't even use half of its features because the software designed for it won't even work.

So sorry for the rant but if someone could please give me some advice it would be much appreciated because Thermaltake themselves clearly cant be bothered.

Hi,

Sorry to hear about this, but you have already done all things that I might do, can you check with some of your friend's PC to check if things work correctly out there with software. It looks like thermaltake releases all their product in beta mode, with lots of bugs. I own View 71, TT premium X1 and Riing plus 12 RGB fan (3 pack). So pretty much TT. But I really regret buying  Riing plus 12 RGB as from beginning it shows randomly no controller found issue. And after searching google I found there are many peoples like me. And to my surprise one official answer to these issue from thermaltake was remove molex power cable while pc is on and again reconnect it. I used to do this from last many months and it used to work and one fine day while doing this #### I accidently  misaligned molex connector one pin down and "BAM" it was a "Short" on my pc. MY MOTHERBOARD DIED for this stupid RGB light. Fortunately my warranty was on for more two months and I gave my motherboard to service center, they gave me replacement motherboard (off course used one  but it is working atleast for now). So you can imagine how buggy there products are. Now my Riing plus RGB fan  do not work, but I will not dare to remove molex and reconnect it while PC is on. There seems not be a decent solution to this issue from thermaltake. My fans are in warranty but do not know how TT give service here in India as I am unable to find service center. So best way to check if you have working product is to check on some other PC, and by the way is your keyboard working without software i.e. giving all rgb lights and effects as it works without software too. I hope you will get your product working like you want !!  

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/25/2018 at 6:59 PM, Spax123 said:

Can someone please help me because I'm starting to get really frustrated with this.

The software just says "Please plug in Thermaltake device to get started".

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the software several times.

I've tried disconnecting and reconnecting the keyboard when the software is running and when it's closed.

I've tried removing the keyboard within Windows device manager.

I've tried plugging the keyboard into different USB ports both USB 2 and 3.

I had several versions of Microsoft Visual C++ redistributable installed from games so I removed all of them and tried reinstalling the software in case they were conflicting with the version that comes with the software installer and still no luck. Sometimes when the software starts the keyboard shows up at the top of the window for about a second and then disappears which is strange.

I've tried contacting Thermaltake about this issue TWICE and in over a month and still haven't received a reply. What great customer service. This is my first Thermaltake product and I don't want it to be the last because I absolutely love the keyboard itself but I can't even use half of its features because the software designed for it won't even work.

So sorry for the rant but if someone could please give me some advice it would be much appreciated because Thermaltake themselves clearly cant be bothered.

Hi Spax123,

Can you give me your system spec and operating system? I will ask our SW team to help you with the issue.

And can you please help to record a short video to let us examine where went wrong?

Thank you

BR

Jackie

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/6/2018 at 10:24 AM, Jackie Chen said:

Hi Spax123,

Can you give me your system spec and operating system? I will ask our SW team to help you with the issue.

And can you please help to record a short video to let us examine where went wrong?

Thank you

BR

Jackie

I am having the same problem