Premium X1 RGB keyboard Owner's Club

Jag007

So after an update the software is recognising the keyboard and is working now, however I cannot change the colours of the backlight on the keyboard itself and the windows key lock doesnt work unless the software is open.

(sorry posted the same thing twice by accident)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just purchased the keyboard  and yup same here. Software will not open no matter what. The software is such a big part in the choice of purchasing a top end keyboard these days this is very poor for such a company. A fix soon would be great. 

Edited by Jackmaca4
Politeness

On 5/5/2019 at 7:24 AM, Jackmaca4 said:

Just purchased the keyboard  and yup same here. Software will not open no matter what. The software is such a big part in the choice of purchasing a top end keyboard these days this is very poor for such a company. A fix soon would be great. 

The software isn't needed in my opinion, the lighting keys do a much better job in my opinion. I find the software extremely buggy, it also constantly crashes. I would recommend learning the keyboard shortcuts.

I agree that the software should work, and yes, it is an expensive keyboard. But the software shouldn't add any value in my opinion, I find the keyboard shortcuts easier to use, if anything less clunky. Also if you own a Razer product, I think you can sync the lighting with it through Synapse.

Hope that helped

-Cynaax

Edited by Cynaax
Capitalization and grammar

• 5 weeks later...

hello, 

I have never been able to open the thermaltake software. ive downloaded it multiple times after uninstalling it. everything seems to go fine until I try and open up the application and it loads for a sec but then never comes up. im stuck with the default rainbow lighting on the keyboard. please help. 

thanks

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/8/2019 at 8:28 AM, Rohm1 said:

hello, 

I have never been able to open the thermaltake software. ive downloaded it multiple times after uninstalling it. everything seems to go fine until I try and open up the application and it loads for a sec but then never comes up. im stuck with the default rainbow lighting on the keyboard. please help. 

thanks

Try to learn the keyboard shortcuts, the software works, but it's extremely buggy.

EDIT: Here is the pdf file with everything you need to know, shortcuts and all.

https://mgofficial.azureedge.net/pub/media/productattach/db/support/usermanual/_db00e22859d04f2587b3c30384200742.pdf

Have a good one!

Edited by Cynaax
Added something

heyyy yo what's up I'm just a renegade poseidon z rgb user passing by. I come here since you don't answer anymore in it's respective topic. Modern problems require...

Please just PLEASE make at least an sdk for that keyboard so I can use third party software like aurora or something. I have an outstanding keyboard with amazing lightning but I just can't use any of it's potential because the software is crap. This will probably be ignored but I just find myself very angry with TT making good products but bad software.

Reverse engineer razer synapse or something, I don't know.

P.D.: Next time spend the extra pennies and buy razer or corsair. They have sdk and real softwares

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hey, so I recently got the X1 RGB and its been great! There are a few small issues though.

The software advertised on the official Thermaltake page looks very appealing, and I'd like to get my hands on it, but after downloading and unzipping the installer, and then going through the steps (installing C++ and restarting etc.) I haven't had much luck with the end result. When I launch the exe file from the save folder (X1RGB.exe), nothing happens. A small little X1RGB square appears on the bottom right section of the taskbar, and then it dissappears. I've checked task manager and other monitoring functions and had no luck, it just vanishes and nothing happens. I'd really like a soluton; ive reinstalled C++, tried about 10 times. downloaded from multiple sources (the main being the official site), and ive had no luck. Simillarly, the phone app isn't doing much aswell, not that that's relevant. The phone app seems to need a "host software", is that the software in question? 

There seem to be two softwares, X1RGB and the plus variant, I'm honestly clueless at this point, been off and on it for a month.

I'd like to get what i payed for. it's already an impressive product but I'm that itchy for more lights and more control.

• 2 months later...

Just placed an order for the GK64 on Drop, I'd urge you all to do the same before the drop ends instead of dealing with the flaws of this keyboard.

In no way am I anti Thermaltake, however this was an expensive keyboard and we all should have had better, even releasing the SDK and allowing support for custom drivers (Aurora and such) would have been fine. It's still within it's first 2/3 years of being released, so I find it unacceptable regarding the lack of support we all have received.

I'm sorry but I'm fed up with this now, yes there are keyboard shortcuts but more than half of the features are useless without the software,  why advertise something that doesn't work anymore?

Sorry for this rant, but I'm annoyed with the lack of support all us X1 owners have received

-Cynaax

• 2 weeks later...

On 1/9/2019 at 10:51 PM, Thienchai Na Nakorn said:

Finally, I can upgrade software to version 1.10.0 but have to switch the usb port to make it work. Right now, it works without any problems. :-)

Now aday (16 May 2020)
so I make it !
thanks, well just switch the usb port

• 2 weeks later...
  • Tt Leochen unpinned this topic
  • 2 years later...
  • 6 months later...