BlacX + USB ethernet adapter?

Blackoth

Hi Blackoth, 

Unfortunately it would need a processor or controller to tell it how to use the wireless adapter.

We do make the BlacX Urban Wifi Edition, or you can even plug the BlacX into your router pending it has supported USB share features which will enable the drive to work within any of your networked devices.

Im glad I asked before trying it. Im looking for a storage solution that I can add wirelessly to my home network, but I dont want to add another wireless access point, It seems that every device ive come across like the BlacX WiFi edition wants to be its own network, I will never stream anything from this device, I will never carry it around with me, I will never go on the internet through it, its going to be stored out of sight and always on.  I simply want a centralized hard drive that all 3 of my PC's at home can access, Can the BlacX WiFi do that instead of being its own access point?

Im glad I asked before trying it. Im looking for a storage solution that I can add wirelessly to my home network, but I dont want to add another wireless access point, It seems that every device ive come across like the BlacX WiFi edition wants to be its own network, I will never stream anything from this device, I will never carry it around with me, I will never go on the internet through it, its going to be stored out of sight and always on.  I simply want a centralized hard drive that all 3 of my PC's at home can access, Can the BlacX WiFi do that instead of being its own access point?

Does your Router have a USB port on it?  if so then a regular BlacX or one of our external enclosures should work fine for this function if plugged into it and the sharing function is enabled..

No my router does not have a USB hookup on it. but the deciding factor for my whole idea of a system is wireless integration into my home network. I ended up getting an Urban WiFi and will do something else with it since I like the HDD dock idea. But I ended up finding a Synology DS213air and that is going to hopefully do exactly what I want since its WiFi capable of joining my existing network, and drag and drop access the drives, but it seems to capable of many more things than I intended to be looking for.