TT RGB Plus failing after wake up

sacredbanana

Hi all,

I have an epic RGB rig right now and am loving it. Only problem is TT RGB Plus seems to stop working when my computer wakes up from sleep. Some of the lights stop animating and the sound sensitive lights no longer respond to sound. Also the fans stay in the silent setting instead of the performance setting which I have set. I can only fix this by manually exiting the TT RGB Plus process and restarting it.

Hi,

Unfortunately a limitation of the MB USB 2.0 header. Check to see if you can do a different sleep mode that does not disable the 5V.

Basically when the system goes to sleep it drops connection to the controller, therefore you have to reboot the software for it to reconnect.

On 3/20/2018 at 1:03 AM, ThermalMike said:

Hi,

Unfortunately a limitation of the MB USB 2.0 header. Check to see if you can do a different sleep mode that does not disable the 5V.

Basically when the system goes to sleep it drops connection to the controller, therefore you have to reboot the software for it to reconnect.

According to this, https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/microsoft.win32.systemevents.powermodechanged.aspx

If you create this event handler, the app should be able to detect when the computer wakes up and then performs an app restart routine ;)

On 3/20/2018 at 11:35 PM, sacredbanana said:

According to this, https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/microsoft.win32.systemevents.powermodechanged.aspx

If you create this event handler, the app should be able to detect when the computer wakes up and then performs an app restart routine ;)

let us know if you try it and how it works :)

11 hours ago, ThermalMike said:

let us know if you try it and how it works :)

I just wrote a short program in 5 minutes that prints a message to console when it detects a power mode change. It was super easy. If the TT RGB Plus software implements this code then it can call a method to re-initialise itself instead of just printing to console like mine does.

I wrote mine in C# but this can be easily adapted to C++ or VB or whichever language TT RGB Plus is written in. :)

using System;
using Microsoft.Win32;

namespace SystemSleepTest
{
    class Program
    {
        static void Main()
        {
            // Set the SystemEvents class to receive event notification when the power mode changes (e.g. for when waking up from sleep)
            SystemEvents.PowerModeChanged += new
                PowerModeChangedEventHandler(powerModeChangedHandler);

// For demonstration purposes, this application sits idle waiting for events.
            Console.WriteLine("This application is waiting for power change system events.");
            Console.WriteLine("Press <Enter> to terminate this application.");
            Console.ReadLine();
        }

// This method gets called when the system power state has changed
        static void powerModeChangedHandler(object sender, EventArgs e)
        {
            Console.WriteLine("Wakey wakey eggs and bacey");
        }
    }
}