Windows DPS G App and TT RGB Plus Software

Blast77

It is 12/5/2020 and I have version 1.3.8. I have this problem. It will keep my computer from going to sleep. It uses 100% of my disk and my drives are constantly working. This is damaging, energy intensive, and a security issue. I am not ok with this. When I shut the software off, everything goes back to normal. 

• 2 months later...
On 10/17/2020 at 4:26 PM, biohazard911 said:

It is now 10/17/2020 and I just updated to V 1.3.8 F 2.0.2 and the problem STILL Persists. This system runs my Plex server and hosts 4x mechanical hard drives that I cannot allow to be polled every 4 seconds. If the system ONLY used SSD's this would not be a problem as polling the temperature sensor does not cause any wear on the drives. But I also need to point out what I did not mention in my last post, while this behavior can cause wear on mechanical drives it also uses a TON more power if the drives are constantly spinning and not allowed to go to sleep. This is very irresponsible on so many levels......what ever happened to the fix that was promised literally over 2 years ago? 

Recent update V 1.4.0 F 2.0.2  has actually made the problem worse! Instead of polling my hard drives every 4 seconds, it now polls them every second! Removing the HWIFO64.dll files still works as a workaround if you are fine with running your fans at 100% 24/7 which is wildly inefficient, but frankly I would rather wear out the fans early than my hard drives. This is the a real shame as the fans/AIO's themselves are a good value and have good build quality. I recently did a build in one of their new s100 cases and it was a dream to work with but I still feel like Thermaltake always falls short somewhere, preventing them from being competitive in the market place. Newegg reviews all show less than 5 eggs consistently because of software issues, they should really consider outsourcing their software development at this point as whomever runs those teams in house sucks at their job. 

• 1 year later...

I'm having the exact same problems for a couple of years now, trying TT RGB every now and then to see if this problem is solved, kind of disappointing considering nothing changed. I just filed the 3rd technical support ticket that most likely won't be answered. Also a couple of hdd's were damaged beyond repair after the initial install disaster. I'm the only one who wrote bad a tweakers.net review, hoping this issue would be resolved quicker, but i guess it only cut tech support funding.

I regret having bought TT equipment and i strongly recommend other people to choose anything else. TT RGB Plus ruins hdd's

On 5/5/2022 at 4:22 AM, Tony.P said:

Dear Grimfilth

Could you provide some screenshots or videos for our team to understand this polling hard drive issue?

These hdd's are all binned, the problem is the same with the replacement. I sent a couple of these to their manufacturers as well, because there was still warranty on them, once in my pc with TT RGB plus, they start making the familiar noise again, even as a blank formatted hdd. You're hearing in the video a full stop/start on one disk and another initialising every 2 seconds, all the time. I can do that now as we speak, the second the TT RGB program is started, it'll start polling the remaining HDD, spinning up every few seconds for no appearant reason or any data traffic. It stops only after uninstalling TT RGB plus and rebooting.

On 5/10/2022 at 5:12 AM, Grimfilth said:

These hdd's are all binned, the problem is the same with the replacement. I sent a couple of these to their manufacturers as well, because there was still warranty on them, once in my pc with TT RGB plus, they start making the familiar noise again, even as a blank formatted hdd. You're hearing in the video a full stop/start on one disk and another initialising every 2 seconds, all the time. I can do that now as we speak, the second the TT RGB program is started, it'll start polling the remaining HDD, spinning up every few seconds for no appearant reason or any data traffic. It stops only after uninstalling TT RGB plus and rebooting.

Dear Grimfilth

Could you help our team to get the HWinfo kit log?
Please follow the steps link below to open the HWinfo kit debug mode.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/43lgb1csbmiimxt/LibHWInfo Debug Mode.docx?dl=0
Then send the LibHWinfo.DBG file to our team.

On 5/10/2022 at 3:48 AM, Tony.P said:

Dear Grimfilth

Could you help our team to get the HWinfo kit log?
Please follow the steps link below to open the HWinfo kit debug mode.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/43lgb1csbmiimxt/LibHWInfo Debug Mode.docx?dl=0
Then send the LibHWinfo.DBG file to our team.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/twqof1qvydcmu6q/HWiNFO64.DBG?dl=0

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/16/2022 at 9:17 AM, Tony.P said:

Dear Grimfilth
Could you install HWiNFO software after removing TT RGB PLUS?
Here is HWiNFO's official download website:  https://www.hwinfo.com/download/
Is there any noise when HWiNFO running? Same with TT RGB PLUS?

Just once, at the startup. Could it be the RGB plus app is using the same details, but refreshes the hdd status all the time?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Hi guys! I have issues with the software too. Not with drives, I have SSDs so don't realy see any polling. Though what I see is LibHWinfo.exe and TT RGB PLUS  2.1.0 processes load my CPU up to 12% each. And it's i5-12600KF (!).
First setup was TT RGB PLUS 2.0.8 - it loaded CPU like to 5% - 7%. With latest version it is even worse. and TT RGB PLUS 2.0.9 had constant crashes few time a day.
Compared to this I have Libre Hardware Monitor with like 30 sensors monitoring, and it barely can load 1% of CPU.

So I wonder, why your software loads my CPU so intensely and how can I get rid of that?

I have Riing Quad 140 * 6 (2 controllers) + Toughpower iRGB + R1 Plus cover + Toughliquid Ultra

UPD. 2.1.0 now can't even upload boot animation to Toughliquid Ultra screen, just crashes with error

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/17/2023 at 6:50 AM, LittleJoe1 said:

Hi guys! I have issues with the software too. Not with drives, I have SSDs so don't realy see any polling. Though what I see is LibHWinfo.exe and TT RGB PLUS  2.1.0 processes load my CPU up to 12% each. And it's i5-12600KF (!).
First setup was TT RGB PLUS 2.0.8 - it loaded CPU like to 5% - 7%. With latest version it is even worse. and TT RGB PLUS 2.0.9 had constant crashes few time a day.
Compared to this I have Libre Hardware Monitor with like 30 sensors monitoring, and it barely can load 1% of CPU.

So I wonder, why your software loads my CPU so intensely and how can I get rid of that?

I have Riing Quad 140 * 6 (2 controllers) + Toughpower iRGB + R1 Plus cover + Toughliquid Ultra

UPD. 2.1.0 now can't even upload boot animation to Toughliquid Ultra screen, just crashes with error

Dear user

We update the last vserion. please download it form offical website.

https://www.thermaltake.com/downloads

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
On 4/4/2018 at 7:48 AM, Blast77 said:

I am using Windows 10 and the TT DPS G App Ver 3.0.2.  I would like to know a few things about how to configure the software:

1.  How can I prevent the program's main window from popping up every time I log in to my PC.  Can it run minimized to tray without opening the window first?  Also, is there a way to prevent the program from running when Windows starts?  I don't see any configuration options. 

2.  I noticed the program is polling my hard drives every second while it's running.  I would like to disable this feature, my system has 30 hard drives, many of them in external enclosures, and the software keeps the activity lights blinking.  How can I disable hard drive monitoring on DPS G in Windows?

I am also using TT RGB Plus in Windows 10.  I have two hubs with 2 LED strips, 3x 140mm fans, and cooling block.  I also have a few questions with this one:

1.  How can I prevent this program from running when Windows starts?  I have unchecked the box in the tray icon pop-up menu yet it is still running every time I start up.

2.  I noticed the program is polling my hard drives every 4 or 5 seconds while it's running.  I would like to disable this feature.  How can I disable hard drive monitoring in TT RGB Plus?  Also, why is it monitoring my hard drives?  It seems this has nothing to do with any of the RGB lighting effects.

Last, a final question.  Is there a software development kit available for the TT RGB features, or a command line interface for Windows where a user could issue commands to control the effects and lighting?  Let me know, thanks. AI AutoGPT

Same issue. I just uninstalled the software.