TT RGB PLUS Ecosystem Overview (Hardware/Software)

ThermalMike

Excellent video! Clears up a lot of the confusion I initially had and that was answered on the forums prior. I'm sure this will help a lot of people new to the software and products.

Will the software eventually allow for more customization? For instance more options for timing; something faster than extreme would be nice. Could just go to a numbered system so you don't have to keep thinking of new words for the speeds. Would also be nice if one could put the devices into groups to have different effects on fans, instead of either making them all the same or manually setting them.

Thanks for the feedback!

YES! Please anyone share ideas on what you would want to see in future updates, we want to hear from our customers!

We are working on some new stuff, maybe a new look as well, stay tubed.. I cant say to much right now :)

If you want to have some do one thing and other do another, you just need to physically connect what you want onto 1 controller or more, then, setup different profiles for each controller so they can do different "grouped" stuff together. This is possible at the moment and really gives a cool look. Just have to plan what you want connected. 

I will note the idea on how to make it easier so the physical connection is not a limitation and allow a better way to group stuff. - Thx again for the feedback! 

• 3 months later...
On 8/8/2018 at 10:57 AM, mcfish said:

Please tell me how to do this!

Hi,

You will need this - http://thermaltakeusa.com/Cooler/Cooling_Accessory_/Fan_Controller_/C_00003143/TT_Sync_Controller_TT_Premium_Edition/design.htm

AND you need a motherboard with a 5V RGB LED Header out as well as some of our "Plus Family" Fans/Cooling accessories that we offer that connect to the sync controller.

All info on our website.

• 1 month later...
On 4/25/2018 at 3:08 PM, ThermalMike said:

Thanks for the feedback!

YES! Please anyone share ideas on what you would want to see in future updates, we want to hear from our customers!

We are working on some new stuff, maybe a new look as well, stay tubed.. I cant say to much right now :)

If you want to have some do one thing and other do another, you just need to physically connect what you want onto 1 controller or more, then, setup different profiles for each controller so they can do different "grouped" stuff together. This is possible at the moment and really gives a cool look. Just have to plan what you want connected. 

I will note the idea on how to make it easier so the physical connection is not a limitation and allow a better way to group stuff. - Thx again for the feedback! 

I would like to use more than two controllers. I cannot get my third to communicate.
I've tried using the only board 2.0 header, a 3.1 header adapted to a 2.0 header, and my 2.0 splitter by NZXT attached to the mobo 2.0 header.
I have 5 120mm's and 7 140mm's installed.

1 hour ago, MillionAc3 said:

I would like to use more than two controllers. I cannot get my third to communicate.
I've tried using the only board 2.0 header, a 3.1 header adapted to a 2.0 header, and my 2.0 splitter by NZXT attached to the mobo 2.0 header.
I have 5 120mm's and 7 140mm's installed.

Can you confirm all the dip switches are correctly assigned. You should be able to do way more then 2. I currently have 4 in use plugged into a nzxt internal hub.

0000,0001,0010 are the settings. I've tried to reconfigure it to several other positions but 0010 does not communicate. I've also tried the daisy chain in different orders and configurations to isolate the one in question. I've submitted an RMA on it. Even when troubleshooting connectivity from the start this one has not been identified by the software.

Good Day, Thermaltake and Thermal Mike. Alvin here from Philippines. I just bought a 3 Fan Pack. Ring Plus Fan TT Premium, and i just love your fans . I love how your Software controls each LED on it and its configs and planning to buy Lumi plus soon.

I have 1 suggestion, this maybe complex but mybe possible in the future. Since your TT Sync controller is synced to Aura, RGB Fusion , Mystic Light ONLY. I suggest it will be possible to connect together with the RGB Plus Software. Ifigured out some logic on how. The NEW TT Sync controller can add the old controllers way of connecting to the USB header for the RGB Plus Software to communicate, BUT they must not function at the same time. In your software you might have a switch like "ON, OFF" instead read as "Motherboard control or TT Plus Control" and takes effect on restart so that motherboard can detect if it has access to it or not.

Thanks, 

PS: I love how your software works but. still AURA SYNC is life. and i like how all the RGB items i have to sync together. 

On 9/15/2018 at 10:54 AM, MillionAc3 said:

0000,0001,0010 are the settings. I've tried to reconfigure it to several other positions but 0010 does not communicate. I've also tried the daisy chain in different orders and configurations to isolate the one in question. I've submitted an RMA on it. Even when troubleshooting connectivity from the start this one has not been identified by the software.

Got the replacement today. Works out of the box, that's what I like to see. Thanks TT.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

One suggestion ThermalMike and TT...don't make two different connectors for the same fan.  I have the View 37 ARGB along with 3x120 and 3x140 Pure Plus fans on the way and I found out today that I am returning all of it.  That is because the Pure Plus fans on the View 37 ARGB will not connect to the fan controllers that come with the 3x120 and 3x140 Pure Plus fans.  I cannot express my frustration and anger about this.  I spent months looking at and comparing cases and fans before settling on this only to realize the day before receipt that TT decided to use different connectors on the fans that come with the View 37 ARGB case than those sold separately despite being the same fan.  And absent scrolling down the Design page to see a small pic of a integrated case controller, none of the promo pics of the case at Amazon, Newegg, or even in the gallery on the TT page displays this controller.  Why would a consumer even think that one Pure Plus fan would not connect to the controller sold with other Pure Plus fans?

To make matters worse, TT customer service wouldn't let me just send them the fans from the case and swap in regular Pure Plus 20s + 1 Pure Plus 12 fans with regular connectors.

Even more irritating, if I want to buy the View 37 RGB, well, it costs more than ARGB at the moment.

I've only ever bought TT cases, PSUs, fans, etc., but after this experience, I may need to move on.  

Maybe Mike or the customer service team might see this and contact me to see what we can do.

• 4 weeks later...

Okay, question - If I get a cooler / fans (like in the links below) that use the digital controller, do I need to run the Windows software?

https://www.thermaltakeusa.com/Liquid_Cooler/Liquid_Cooler_/All_in_One/C_00003121/Floe_Riing_RGB_280_TT_Premium_Edition/design.htm

or

https://www.thermaltakeusa.com/Cooler/Case_Fan_/Riing/C_00003350/Riing_Plus_12_RGB_Radiator_Fan_Lumi_Plus_TT_Premium_Edition_Combo_Kit/design.htm

I ask because I'm planning a build that I would not have a native Windows OS installed (it'll probably be an Unraid machine running VMs and as a NAS). Since the Digital Controller supports connections via an Android device, can I just pair it with a phone and configure the fans via the Android App, then just control the themes via the App or Alexa? Ideally, I would just set the LEDs to be tied to the system temp and be done with it, but switching to 'Sound Control' when playing music would be cool (though, it doesn't really use a microphone, does it?). Can this be done? 

• 2 months later...

I would like to be able to pick what temp sensor to control the fans by, be able to set up custom fan curves, and as another person said, turn an individual fan off when not needed. 

I'm using a Tower 900 case, with 10 Thermaltake fans and 2 pumps. 

4 fans on CPU radiator, which I would love to be able to use my water temp sensor to control. I would turn each individual fan on as the water temp rises, and once all fans are running at 33%, my curves would go up as required. The CPU temp bounces around a lot as I do different jobs, yet the fans really don't need to spin up, unless the water temp rises, and this would allow us people who are trying to keep noise levels down, to seriously tweak our fans.... Also, give us the option to manually punch in the numbers we want, and to use decimal points, because water cooled people will see a water temp range of around 10 degrees, give or take, and those temps are going to be substantially lower than CPU and GPU temps. This is why we need it to be fully customizable. Call it advanced mode, and for all I care, you can have a big window popup that says, "Don't F*****G touch advanced mode, if you don't know what you're doing!"

Another reason to allow us to pick the sensors, would be the GPU loop. Right now, I have CPU temps and CPU temps only, to set my GPU fans by... That's just silly. 

Another reason... The case has a fan that causes air to flow past the VRM/Memory and one that blows air across the the PCH. We should be able to use temp sensors related to those portions of the motherboard, to control those fans... 

I understand that you're trying to make the software user friendly, but people who build custom loops, are OCD enough, that they want to have ultimate control.. 

• 1 month later...

@ThermalMike I have a question that I just need Verification on...

I just bought the View 71 TG RGB case with the 3x120 Riing fans. 

I connected those fans to the included box which I connected to the H_AMP on my Asus Rog Strix Crosshair Hero VII (non-wifi version).

I want to add 3 to 5 more RGB fans (most likely all 120mm). I would preferably like to add the same ones that came with the case.

I then want to connect all of those fans to the TT Sync and control/have them in sync with the Asus Aura Sync software.

Can you confirm that I can connect all 6 to 8 fans into the TT Sync then to the MB safely?

Which fans (model) in the ecosystem should I buy to look uniform in my case.

I am guessing fans would still go the H_Amp fan connector then the LEDs to the 5v header pin still? I don't want to fry anything...

Thanks in Advance for Your Help!

• 3 weeks later...

There is a bug with the TT RGB sofware to control the fans and RGB. When it come off a SLEEP state and wakes up it dose not remember the last settings. Have to quit the TT rbg program and reset it to get it to work again... When it come off a reset or shutdown it starts and remembers fine.

• 6 months later...
On 8/10/2018 at 4:47 AM, ThermalMike said:

Hi,

You will need this - http://thermaltakeusa.com/Cooler/Cooling_Accessory_/Fan_Controller_/C_00003143/TT_Sync_Controller_TT_Premium_Edition/design.htm

AND you need a motherboard with a 5V RGB LED Header out as well as some of our "Plus Family" Fans/Cooling accessories that we offer that connect to the sync controller.

All info on our website.

Yo thermalmike

I am confused. I just bought the lvl 20 gt argb case. The instructions don't tell me what TYPE of fans  come with the case (riing pure?)  I wish to add 5 more (riing) fans. Do I need the new sync controller? I thought the case came sync ready as In no extra parts. I have a gigabyte z390 master motherboard. And can the new sync controller handle 2x200 , 4x140 ,2x120 riing fans?

Also if I buy new riing fans plus,do they come with sync controller? Or can I use the one that came with fans?

• 3 months later...
  • TT CPM unpinned this topic