TT Sync Controller Issue

quincy314

Not anymore I ended up pulling it and opting with the tt software controller that came with my fans/strips. I do how ever have a lot of experience with it and the Gaming 7. What all do you have hooked up to the digital rgb header that includes whats connected to the tt sync.

Sounds like a lack power issue. The last response I have got from Thermaltake is it pulls the power from the motherboard header to drive the leds. If this is the case it would be dumb but make sense as the 5v digital rgb header on the gaming 7 only supply 2 amps and on the spec page it states 9.5w for 5v line and 6.5w for the 12v line for the three fans at that assuming the 5 volt line is for the rgb leds the 8.5w @ 5v would be about 1.9amps. I was having the same problem with my setup not with the sync control but 14 feet of digital rgb strips that wanted 7 amps I ended up having to just use the data line from the motherboard and get power from the 5v line on my psu(pic below). But I do not recommend doing this unless you know 100% what you are doing. It only take one mistake to kill all the leds and it can happen fast I bought cheap ones from china for my testing.

This is why I went away from the TT sync. Plus I wanted 2 different lighting modes going. One being controlled by the motherboard and the other with tt rgb plus software. I also did some mods to get some cablemod 60cm strips to work with the rring plus controller. 

bmCF3VK.jpg  9cVXTkU.gif

If I can find my tt sync I will probe it to see if it in fact pulls from the motherboard or not but I have no idea where it is.