Power Supplies for X71?

Shakedown St.

On 7/1/2018 at 8:08 AM, Shakedown St. said:

I purchased a 1000w Seagate SS1000XP Platinum power supply to go in my Thermaltake X71 case, but it was not tall enough to fit the screw holes.

Can anyone recommend a power supply that would fit the X71 case?

Hi,

for X71 case, it is suitable for all Thermaltake ATX power supply, if you would like to buy a platinum one, following are my recommendations

analog platinum:

http://www.thermaltake.com/Power_Supply/Toughpower_Series_/Toughpower_Grand/C_00003137/Toughpower_Grand_RGB_1050W_Platinum/design.htm

digital platinum:  

http://www.thermaltake.com/Power_Supply/Toughpower_iRGB_Series_/Toughpower_iRGB_PLUS/C_00003141/Toughpower_iRGB_PLUS_1050W_Platinum_TT_Premium_Edition/design.htm

On 6/30/2018 at 5:08 PM, Shakedown St. said:

I purchased a 1000w Seagate SS1000XP Platinum power supply to go in my Thermaltake X71 case, but it was not tall enough to fit the screw holes.

Can anyone recommend a power supply that would fit the X71 case?

Hi, 

You dont need to purchase a Thermaltake PSU as it is not exclusive for the case. 

The Case has feet mounts that stick to the case where the PSU goes. Adding the 4 feet where the PSU will sit should work. 

If the PSU does not directly sit on the case floor for example when mounted, it is no issue either just to mention.

The mounts I am referring to come with the case, not the PSU.