NEW BETA Software (1.2.103) Feedback Request

ThermalMike

HI All, 

We appreciate you all providing feedback on our software to make it even better!

Here is a new BETA to try:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4o62tqegbbn9wuo/TT RGB Plus_Setup_1.2.103_x86.exe.zip?dl=0

Change Log:

1. Profile was not be stored correctly after saving.

2. Sync older profile data in the new version. (Profile setting erase issue)

3. Fixed turn off failed in some light mode.

4. Correct error wording.

5. Fixed Riing Plus Fan warning alert error.

6. Fixed Riing Fan rpm reading error.

Please help to test if you are comfortable to try it and help to let us know any feedback!

PS. TWINKLE is still twerked atm, it is on the list to get fixed soon.

So I understand that if I leave controller 2 on profile one, and then go to controller 1 and make my effects settings and hit save, it is supposed to make controller 2 match. This works.

Is there a way to make controllers always follow whatever is going on on controller 1? For instance, if I have a second profile on controller 1 with my fans where I set them to PWM and temperature color effect, I would like controller 2 (with my lumi plus LED strips) to switch to temperature color effect as well.

Also, I noticed this with the initial 1.2 version; what is the RGB button that is to the right of the menu to cycle through controllers?

I think it would be great if there was a speed setting, as much s the presets do a good job of adjusting the rotation speed i would like to be able to further reduce it than the preset minimum.

What are the plan for the types of settings we would be able to adjust.

I would like to be able to create very detailed profiles instead of the simple ones that we are currently able to create. An example would be a combination of Temperature and Wave. (When the pc is cool (40) the wave would be moving at a slow speed(preferably I can adjust this, instead of just having a preset) as the temperature increases so would the speed of the wave (perhaps even change the color).

The sofware itself is very buggy, a lot of the times brightness setting does not work. Buggy software truly ruins a good product.

I want to connect the fans direct to  the motherboard  ... because the  BWM in the controller is  very limited and does not work properly ..
i try to do that but The problem was when i disconnect the fans from the controller. The error message did not let me to work.
i want to disabel these message without i loss the rgb control..
thank you 

On 7/24/2018 at 7:55 PM, kewlmunky said:

So I understand that if I leave controller 2 on profile one, and then go to controller 1 and make my effects settings and hit save, it is supposed to make controller 2 match. This works.

Is there a way to make controllers always follow whatever is going on on controller 1? For instance, if I have a second profile on controller 1 with my fans where I set them to PWM and temperature color effect, I would like controller 2 (with my lumi plus LED strips) to switch to temperature color effect as well.

Also, I noticed this with the initial 1.2 version; what is the RGB button that is to the right of the menu to cycle through controllers?

Hi, if you want multiple controllers to do the same thing, those controllers need to be on the same profile. When you switch the profile on say Controller #1 you have to swap the profile on the other controllers as well. We are working on more profile options to make this easier and thanks for the feedback on this.

On 7/25/2018 at 3:03 AM, kevinchen321tw said:

This software(version 1.2.103) didn't solve the issue of can't find the fan problem,the error message h_0x0001 remain the same. I use AMD VEGA ˊ64.

Hi,

For the VEGA 64 GPU, we found a change compare to other cards and have tested the beta solution this week. It should be ready soon and I hope in the next update that is coming out around end of next week.

The issue we noticed was with the way the card functions compared to other AMD cards and NVIDIA GPU. The system would crash when using this card, the test version we tried does not. Once it is released will try to update and if you get it and test, please help to update when you can :)

On 7/25/2018 at 10:49 AM, Avenger86 said:

In aurora mode i can't change speed

Hi, Aurora mode does not offer a Speed option for the LED animation.

Some modes are fixed, Black Hole and Shooting Star are others just to mention.

I will note the feedback to see about adding options in with a future update, thanks for the feedback!

4 hours ago, Bozkurt said:

I think it would be great if there was a speed setting, as much s the presets do a good job of adjusting the rotation speed i would like to be able to further reduce it than the preset minimum.

What are the plan for the types of settings we would be able to adjust.

I would like to be able to create very detailed profiles instead of the simple ones that we are currently able to create. An example would be a combination of Temperature and Wave. (When the pc is cool (40) the wave would be moving at a slow speed(preferably I can adjust this, instead of just having a preset) as the temperature increases so would the speed of the wave (perhaps even change the color).

The sofware itself is very buggy, a lot of the times brightness setting does not work. Buggy software truly ruins a good product.

Hi,

This would be a completely new mode or a overhaul to the Thermal Mode ultimately.  - Noted for feedback.

We have found some modes do not have brightness control, if you can reference the modes you have issues with this feature, please let me know your feedback!

1 hour ago, Youssef said:

I want to connect the fans direct to  the motherboard  ... because the  BWM in the controller is  very limited and does not work properly ..
i try to do that but The problem was when i disconnect the fans from the controller. The error message did not let me to work.
i want to disabel these message without i loss the rgb control..
thank you 

Hi, You cannot connect any Riing Plus fan to your MB, do not do this, there is way more involved and I do not want you to damage your components.

You have to use our controller if you want the fans to function

Why do you want to connect the fans to your motherboard in the first place???

every fan have 4 cable for RGB and 4 cable for BMW ..
i only want to disconnect the 4 cable BMW from controller and connect it to motherboard ...
because BMW does not work properly as you see in the photo if i choes Pure plus but if i choes Riing Plus its work ... but my fan is Pure plus..
and also i need to Customize BMW ..
i found another solution  but i did not know if it ok or not if i chose lumi plus rather than  Pure plus  so i can Override the  error message 

58 minutes ago, ThermalMike said:

Hi,

This would be a completely new mode or a overhaul to the Thermal Mode ultimately.  - Noted for feedback.

We have found some modes do not have brightness control, if you can reference the modes you have issues with this feature, please let me know your feedback!

That seems like an awfully odd setting to omit from ANY mode.

Why limit the speed/brightness of an LED when the software should be capable of allowing these to be altered to a user's preference.

Also, I have a question with regards to the Riing controller. Is there a way currently, or one planned in the near future to save a profile to the controller. I.E. I do not like seeing the "look at me, I'm a princess" mode everytime I boot up my pc.

Thanks

2 hours ago, Bozkurt said:

Why limit the speed/brightness of an LED when the software should be capable of allowing these to be altered to a user's preference.

Also, I have a question with regards to the Riing controller. Is there a way currently, or one planned in the near future to save a profile to the controller. I.E. I do not like seeing the "look at me, I'm a princess" mode everytime I boot up my pc.

Thanks

In order to get the LED on boot to have the value stored, you have to go back to older version, 1.1.6 it will save the setting to the controller for that whole 15 seconds you are concerned about.

We had to make the change in order to have the new modes we added as it requires windows and that was what had to happen.

2 hours ago, Youssef said:

every fan have 4 cable for RGB and 4 cable for BMW ..
i only want to disconnect the 4 cable BMW from controller and connect it to motherboard ...
because BMW does not work properly as you see in the photo if i choes Pure plus but if i choes Riing Plus its work ... but my fan is Pure plus..
and also i need to Customize BMW ..
i found another solution  but i did not know if it ok or not if i chose lumi plus rather than  Pure plus  so i can Override the  error message 

I don't get what you want to do and I especially do not suggest you cut any wires to try to anything you want to do yourself as a rep from Thermaltake if you know what I mean.

The Pure Plus should work as intended, if you have a problem, please provide some details a little clearer for us (me) to understand.

Good luck!

2 hours ago, ThermalMike said:

In order to get the LED on boot to have the value stored, you have to go back to older version, 1.1.6 it will save the setting to the controller for that whole 15 seconds you are concerned about.

We had to make the change in order to have the new modes we added as it requires windows and that was what had to happen.

Thank You.

Are there any plans to return this feature in future updates? "whole 15 seconds" may be a short time for you, but I REALLY hate RNG effects never use rainbowy stuff on my builds. Perhaps I'm in the minority, but I do not like having my PC look like its puking rainbows during boot.

Edit: Where can I download 1.1.6??

Edited by Bozkurt
Updated info

4 hours ago, Bozkurt said:

Thanks

I'm not sure what you are saying, but Can I see a pic of the Low rpm where it says pure plus instead of riing plus. The PWM seems to be doing its job. Whatever 3 is cooling or thinks its cooling needs high rpm. At least that what it looks like.

See below for my fans.

On.thumb.jpg.5cf966ed40182dbe7af928b594baed51.jpgOff.thumb.jpg.7b8f5f58db675b469b89c835eedb3c53.jpg

16 hours ago, ThermalMike said:

Hi, Aurora mode does not offer a Speed option for the LED animation.

Some modes are fixed, Black Hole and Shooting Star are others just to mention.

I will note the feedback to see about adding options in with a future update, thanks for the feedback!

Sorry, you're right! But see that video and look to the speed of colours changing:

4 hours ago, Avenger86 said:

Sorry, you're right! But see that video and look to the speed of colours changing:

Hi,

Thanks for the feedback, question for you...

Should it be faster or slower? Right now when I compare Aurora mode with say what ASUS Aura mode has similar it is around the same speed.

We work with ASUS a lot on the sync controller and stuff so we wanted it to match with the MB LED stuff too.

Appreciate any feedback!

23 minutes ago, ThermalMike said:

Hi,

Thanks for the feedback, question for you...

Should it be faster or slower? Right now when I compare Aurora mode with say what ASUS Aura mode has similar it is around the same speed.

We work with ASUS a lot on the sync controller and stuff so we wanted it to match with the MB LED stuff too.

Appreciate any feedback!

Hello! As yuou see in old version Aurora mode was faster than in new. I think faster = more beautoful.

Just now, Avenger86 said:

Hello! As yuou see in old version Aurora mode was faster than in new. I think faster = more beautoful.

I agree that I preferred the faster version of it on the previous version of the software.

@ThermalMike, I think the best solution would be for them to allow us a speed selection for this mode (and for essentially any mode aside from the ones where it wouldn't make sense; static, sound control 1-3, thermal).

16 hours ago, Bozkurt said:

Thank You.

Are there any plans to return this feature in future updates? "whole 15 seconds" may be a short time for you, but I REALLY hate RNG effects never use rainbowy stuff on my builds. Perhaps I'm in the minority, but I do not like having my PC look like its puking rainbows during boot.

Edit: Where can I download 1.1.6??

Here you go:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/46qr5spxpddpx9s/TT_RGB_Plus_Setup_1.1.6_x86.zip?dl=0

49 minutes ago, ThermalMike said:

Thank you VERY MUCH!!

Really appreciate it.

Comment and a questions as a follow up.

The speed settings on this version is slower than 1.2.0. Which leads to me believe that it's possible to have a slider for speed. I think this would be a great improvement to the current option of having predefined settings. I like some of the slower ones (1.1.6) on some modes, and some of the faster ones on others (1.2.0) I think everyone would have a different preference, not necessarily covered by the presets.

Now that it remembers my setting, would updating to the newer version revert this setting to rainbow?

Are there plans to be able to re-implement this feature in future updates?

Are there plans to create macros/short-cuts to be able to quickly switch profiles.

Again, TYVM.

5 hours ago, Bozkurt said:

Thank you VERY MUCH!!

Really appreciate it.

Comment and a questions as a follow up.

The speed settings on this version is slower than 1.2.0. Which leads to me believe that it's possible to have a slider for speed. I think this would be a great improvement to the current option of having predefined settings. I like some of the slower ones (1.1.6) on some modes, and some of the faster ones on others (1.2.0) I think everyone would have a different preference, not necessarily covered by the presets.

Now that it remembers my setting, would updating to the newer version revert this setting to rainbow?

Are there plans to be able to re-implement this feature in future updates?

Are there plans to create macros/short-cuts to be able to quickly switch profiles.

Again, TYVM.

Well, most anything is possible with programming. The real question is if they made it dynamic enough to easily turn it into a slider, or if they hard coded each speed.