Thermaltake Riing - colour problem

Aydhe

Hey

I've recently bough myself Thermaltake Riing 120mm fans and i'm having a problem. Fans which are conneted to 'CPU_Fan' slot work fine and remember their setup, but my other controller which is connected to one of Case Fans always forgets it's colour and starts unlit when PC wakes up or starts. 

My motherboard is x299 Aorus Ultra Gaming 

https://www.gigabyte.com/us/Motherboard/X299-AORUS-Ultra-Gaming-rev-10#kf

With that in mind i was wondering I still have plan to buy additional 2 fans (Riing 140mm)

Would standard Riing fan work with Premium version controller and use it's colours? This would make it 6 fans in total, so i could connect 3 of the fans to standard controller, and other 3 fans to the Premium one, which would remember settings as it's connected to software.

Of course, if anyone has information about how to fix that problem, this would be welcome too.

Hi,

Which fans exactly do you have? Got the part number to confirm?

You can only connect that "type" of fan into the controller it includes except for the Riing PLUS products, which support other solutions than just fans.

Standard Riing Fans are only 1 color option or the Riing fans (analog) that have the push button controller will not work with any of the digital fans that support the software.

For the fan that the LED does not stay on, I will bet you just need to increase the RPM on that header in the bios.

Remember for LED fans, they will require more power, if the setting is too low, the LED will drop as well with the standard Riing fans, you just need to set a higher value for Min/Max settings on it or have it at least match the other header that is working fine. Still not working, then I would swap ports with the good/bad and see if issue follow or stays the same to confirm if the fan may be defective and go from there.

I use the Riing 12 RGB with analog controller that has buttons.

I'm aware that they need more power(especially with 2-3 connected to single FAN output), they are fine when computer is running but when i turn it of or set it to sleep so it powers off, the fans basically forget the settings they initially had and they start unlit. So every time i start computer, if i want them to light up i need to manually switch controller to the right colour.

I can connect them to high power pump output on my motherboard, though i wonder if it wouldn't be too high power that could potentially harm fans.