Issue With Riing Plus Fans and New Software

Moonlight

Hi,

I have 8 Riing Plus 12 LED RGB Radiator Fan TT Premium Edition - https://www.thermaltake.com.au/Cooler/Case_Fan_/Riing/C_00003056/Riing_Plus_12_RGB_Radiator_Fan_TT_Premium_Edition_5_Fan_Pack_/design.htm - Link for my fan so there can be no confusion.

With the new update to the TT RGB PLUS Software V 1.2.0 released on 2018/07/16 I seem be having an issue that is quite irritating. Before anyone says this isn't the correct software which I've been told, this is the software listed on the support page for my product.

Firstly now with the new software if it isn't running as a background task the lights on the fan don't work. I never used to have the program open displaying in the taskbar to have the lights working but now if it isn't a background task the lights don't work anymore. I'm guessing this is just a new implementation by Thermaltake which I can live with but is annoying since I didn't need it as a background task before.

Secondly now when my PC goes to sleep the lights on my fans stop working. When i wake up my PC the lights continue to stop working and I have to manually close the software from the task tray and reopen it manually for the lights to kick in again. Does this happen to anyone else with the new software? I have tried reinstalling it with no luck and I have no access to previous versions to test them out. I emailed Thermaltake to ask them for access to previous versions and they said they couldn't provide me access to it. If anyone could provide any word on this issue on how to fix or if they are getting it also would be appreciated.

Thanks

On 7/28/2018 at 1:34 AM, Moonlight said:

Hi,

I have 8 Riing Plus 12 LED RGB Radiator Fan TT Premium Edition - https://www.thermaltake.com.au/Cooler/Case_Fan_/Riing/C_00003056/Riing_Plus_12_RGB_Radiator_Fan_TT_Premium_Edition_5_Fan_Pack_/design.htm - Link for my fan so there can be no confusion.

With the new update to the TT RGB PLUS Software V 1.2.0 released on 2018/07/16 I seem be having an issue that is quite irritating. Before anyone says this isn't the correct software which I've been told, this is the software listed on the support page for my product.

Firstly now with the new software if it isn't running as a background task the lights on the fan don't work. I never used to have the program open displaying in the taskbar to have the lights working but now if it isn't a background task the lights don't work anymore. I'm guessing this is just a new implementation by Thermaltake which I can live with but is annoying since I didn't need it as a background task before.

Secondly now when my PC goes to sleep the lights on my fans stop working. When i wake up my PC the lights continue to stop working and I have to manually close the software from the task tray and reopen it manually for the lights to kick in again. Does this happen to anyone else with the new software? I have tried reinstalling it with no luck and I have no access to previous versions to test them out. I emailed Thermaltake to ask them for access to previous versions and they said they couldn't provide me access to it. If anyone could provide any word on this issue on how to fix or if they are getting it also would be appreciated.

Thanks

Hello,

Can you help to email me and include the email reply from our support telling you we cannot provide the software for troubleshooting?

Email: mike.fierheller@thermaltakeusa.com

Here is 1.1.7 to help troubleshoot - https://www.dropbox.com/s/ry5m6sa35slpho1/TT_RGB_Plus_Setup_1.1.7_x86.zip?dl=0

Version 1.2.0 is the latest and we have an update coming next week.

Yes the software is now required to run in the background in order to give you the new functions like all the other applications. New modes required windows activation, so we had to move to this.

In order to "go back" to this, you would need 1.1.6, where this was changed in 1.1.7 - https://www.dropbox.com/s/46qr5spxpddpx9s/TT_RGB_Plus_Setup_1.1.6_x86.zip?dl=0

For the sleep issue, this is what happens, the voltage drops and connectivity is lost, happens with lots of software like this today. Yes you would have to reload the software to get it to come back up, going back to 1.1.6 will remove this, but you will loose out on the updates/features in the new software.

Again to mention, I apologize for how out support replied, I have posted software links all over this forum, please send me that email when you have time

ThermalMike,

I recently built a PC with a Riing 5 pack. The software worked wonderfully. I then installed a FLOE 240 CPU radiator in addition to the 5 fans. The dip switch on the second controller was set correctly. The software recognized the new fans and CPU block and I was able to set up the profiles on controller 2 the same as I had them on controller 1. Upon my next computer restart the software will not open at all. I tried running in Admin. I tried both 1.1.7 and 1.1.6 linked above. The software will not open and in Task Manager the HID app is the only thing running.

Help!
Eric

On 8/7/2018 at 5:18 PM, mcfish said:

ThermalMike,

I recently built a PC with a Riing 5 pack. The software worked wonderfully. I then installed a FLOE 240 CPU radiator in addition to the 5 fans. The dip switch on the second controller was set correctly. The software recognized the new fans and CPU block and I was able to set up the profiles on controller 2 the same as I had them on controller 1. Upon my next computer restart the software will not open at all. I tried running in Admin. I tried both 1.1.7 and 1.1.6 linked above. The software will not open and in Task Manager the HID app is the only thing running.

Help!
Eric

sounds like a file got corrupt, not really sure how I could help on the forums much on this, could be a lot of things. 

Do a clean install of the software, roll back to best config from windows or just do a fresh install.