TT RGB Plus false errors?

Axiomatic

Since the recent update to TT RGB Plus v 1.2.0 and F 2.0.2 I have been getting false popup errors. They have become really annoying as they minimize whatever I am doing with "pop to front" requirements. However, when I open TT RGB Plus neither of my two controllers have a RED error? None of the rotating cards have the red triangle with the exclamation point either. Pleas ehelp Tt? I've not made a change since I added my unit. All previous versions listed no error and worked just fine. What happened?

If anything my one request would be to change the program from "pop to front" with just "popup." That way I am at least not pulled out of a game or a video to acknowledge a minor error?

Hello,

Thanks for the feedback, if you go back to say 1.1.8 or 7 for example, does the issue still show up now after moving to 1.2.0?

System specs would be very helpful.

If you clear the error, close the software and reopen it without a reboot, does the error show up every time still?

Have you tried a complete uninstall and redownload/install again to see if this fixes the issue?

Check all your connections, make sure something is not like "half-way" connected throwing this error, especially with you saying it just pops up again after clearing then in a game it just randomly pops up again? Something is not right, have not seen it pop up multiple times like that.

Will pass the feedback to our dev team to try and recreate, if anyone else having similar issues, please help out and let us know.

Hey there. I have done a full uninstall and also remove the "Tt" folders in c:\ProgramData, as well as any in %appdata%, as those are common leftover directories from most utilities. I then rebooted and reinstalled only to have the errors return. I did not have 1.1.8 handy but I did have 1.1.5 and I just reloaded it and its running fine. No errors yet, its been running for about an hour. on 1.2.0 I would usually see the error about every 15 minutes or so.

For Tt products I have:

-Core X5 Tempered Glass Snow Edition

-Floe Riing RGB 360 TT Premium Edition

-2x 140mm Ring fans (one front intake, one rear exhaust)

- Toughpower iRGB Plus 1250W 80+ (Tt DPS G is also loaded) Cable directly attached to MB USB socket.

-3x Lumi in one long strip.

Tt RGB Plus device.ini:

[Device0]
BoxType=1
Profile=1
Monitor="1,1,1,0,0"  <-those are the 3x Riing on the 
FanType="0,0,0,0,0"
FanName="Name,Name,Name,Name,Name"

[Device1]
BoxType=1
Profile=1
Monitor="1,1,1,1,0" <-those are the 2x 140mm Riing and the header from the Floe Riing waterblock and 3x Lumi. 
FanType="0,6,0,1,1" 
FanName="Name,Name,Name,Name,Name"

[Main]
AutoUpdate=1
Language=0
Password=0000
OpenPassword=0
isAutoRun=1
isSyncDPSG=1
isSyncX1=0
isSyncCronos=0
isSyncIRIS=0
isSyncNemesis=0
isSyncMousePad=0

Other system specs:

CPU
    - Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7820X CPU @ 3.60GHz

GPU
    - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11 GB

RAM
    - 8 GB  @ 3600 MHz
    - 8 GB  @ 3600 MHz
    - 8 GB  @ 3600 MHz
    - 8 GB  @ 3600 MHz

Operating system
    - Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

Motherboard
    - ASRock X299 Professional Gaming i9 XE (CPUSocket)

Storage
    - Samsung SSD 960 EVO 1TB 932 GB
    - Samsung SSD 960 PRO 1TB 954 GB
    - Crucial_CT1050MX300SSD1 979 GB
    - MiniPro RAID V3 RAID 1 SCSI Disk Device 954 GB
    - Crucial_CT1050MX300SSD1 979 GB
    - INTEL MEMPEK1W032GA 28 GB
    - INTEL SSDPEDMW012T4 1118 GB

Optical drives

Audio
    - High Definition Audio Device
    - NVIDIA High Definition Audio
    - USB Audio Device
    - NVIDIA Virtual Audio Device (Wave Extensible) (WDM)
    - USB Audio Device

Network
    - Aquantia AQtion 10Gbit Network Adapter (NDIS 6.50 Miniport)

So there has to be a log you want to see? I am more than willing to give you whatever you need to work this bug. Is there a command line switch for the "tt rgb plus.exe" to remark to a log file? I allowed 1.1.5 to update to 1.2.0 again and I am back in the error state. Here is a screenshot. Note that there is an error up with no indication of the error in the main window? So far the only thing that is different from before is that the frequency seems to be less but the super annoying "pop to front" has got to go.

As a side note: I consider the non-hashed email address and password in content.ini of 1.2.0 to be pretty alarming as well? That has to be fixed ASAP as its my main Tt account password? As a software developer myself that's rule #1 you never break? Security must come first.

Clipboard014.jpg

• 1 month later...

So I finally figured out what the issue was. Dip switch 1 on controller #2 was faulty. Being that I could not set controller 2 to #2 I switched it to #3 by doing [off|on|off|off] and the issue went away. You support guys need to have a log you can refer too to check these kinds of things? Effectively since that first switch on the dip switch bank was broken TT should be able to be figured out in a log somewhere that I had two #1 controllers and got no error from the application other than your "pop to front" pop up error.

FireShot Capture 5 -  - https___www.thermaltake.com_db_support_usermanual__bbabbca3925a46f3a40658.png

Edited by Axiomatic
correction

13 hours ago, Axiomatic said:

So I finally figured out what the issue was. Dip switch 1 on controller #2 was faulty. Being that I could not set controller 2 to #2 I switched it to #3 by doing [off|on|off|off] and the issue went away. You support guys need to have a log you can refer too to check these kinds of things? Effectively since that first switch on the dip switch bank was broken TT should be able to be figured out in a log somewhere that I had two #1 controllers and got no error from the application other than your "pop to front" pop up error.

FireShot Capture 5 -  - https___www.thermaltake.com_db_support_usermanual__bbabbca3925a46f3a40658.png

Hi,

Thanks for the feedback, one of the things I suggest to move stuff around, but ultimately it should just work on whatever controller number you want to set it too.

Have you  contacted our support yet to swap it out? We can just send you a controller to make it easy to replace instead of the entire setup.

Please contact our USA support through here and hope you can get the issue resolved fairly quick.

https://thermaltakeusa.zendesk.com/hc/en-us

If you need any assistance, just contact us or you can DM me here as well.

1 hour ago, Axiomatic said:

Did you ever submit a request to hash that email address and password in content.ini? That's a hacking vector waiting to happen.

Hi,

There is no content.ini file in the TT RGB Plus software.

Understand your statement, but please back it up with a reference would be nice if you are going to mention it.

Don't need to see the internal contents of said file, but if you can share a pic of the location on what exactly you are talking about would be appreciated.

Hi,

Thanks for the info so we can take a look at the concern.

This file is for where the login info is stored for the Software login.

All this is, is the login for the TT RGB Plus software if you choose to set a password on it for mobile app use and/or for alexa.

I don't think this is any real big concern to anyone. The password is also set in an algorithm and does not actually show the true password, just the email, which in today's stuff is everything imo. 

If you have any other concerns, please help to share as we want the experience to be safe for everyone.