Core V31

AlexCKent

I'm considering getting the Core V31 for my new Ryzen 7 2700X / Geforce GTX 1060 / ROG Strix X470-F Gaming build but I have a few questions.  Does this case attract a lot of dust?  I've read that the front mesh isn't fine enough to block dust from entering the case and that the interior is very prone to attracting dust?  I live in a very dusty environment, so if this is the case, what would be a better case to get?  Below is a thread I read about dust issues.

https://community.thermaltake.com/index.php?/topic/64279-view-31-dust-filters/

Hi,

Every case collects dust, but the View 31 does have nice filters included, especially for the Bottom/Front and Top of the chassis. They also come off pretty easy for cleaning too.

You do not want a really fine mesh in the front, it has to be just right to get enough airflow for the most part.

With you in this type of environment, you might want to add more filtration or an enclosure or something, you will have this issue with just about every case on the market without customizing it for your personal situation just to mention.

Also, if you plan to add a lot of fans in here and have good airflow, dust will be there, no filter will make it perfect, but the View 31 does have a good amount if you want to go with it.

Thanks so much- one question I have because it's so confusing to me- are the filters on the V31, X31 and the View 31 all about the same (mostly asking about the ones in the front), in terms of how "fine" the mesh is on all of them (and so do they all gather a similar amount of dust)?

Also, I know the cases have space for 8 fans, but let's say I only add 4 fans, would that cause more dust to accumulate than if I added 8 fans?