Pacific Lumi Plus - looses settings on startup

merk

Hi All,

Installed this a few days ago and everything is working except one thing - when i wake my PC up the LED strip has lost the animation setting i selected. I have to exit out of the TT RGB Plus app and restart it in order to get the LED strip working the way i set it. The instructions are a little confusing - it sounds as though i have the option of saving my profile in the app and/or saving my profile directly on the controller. I would assume doing the latter would allow it to keep the animation i set even if the software isnt running. But that's not the case since if i exit the TT RGB plus app, it goes back to default until i start it up again.

Anyway to keep the correct settings when i wake up my PC?

Hi,

Software will loose function due to you putting the PC to sleep, voltage drops too low.

You have to relaunch the software on resume to get it to detect again.

Dont use sleep mode or change your sleep state so the power does not drop as low, effects everyone :(

The software requires windows to function with the features built in, has too.

3 hours ago, ThermalMike said:

Hi,

Software will loose function due to you putting the PC to sleep, voltage drops too low.

You have to relaunch the software on resume to get it to detect again.

Dont use sleep mode or change your sleep state so the power does not drop as low, effects everyone :(

The software requires windows to function with the features built in, has too.

What sleep state/setting needs to be changed?

From the instructions, it sounded like it would save the profile settings on the controller itself. 

No offense, but having to increase power or relaunch the software in order for it to work correctly is a pretty poor way of doing things. Isn't there a way of just having the software refresh the controller when it detects the computer has resumed from sleep? Or at the very least, refresh the controller every hour or something.

Hi,

Your motherboard should offer different options for Sleep mode in the bios, check it out and see if any adjustment will make it easier for you is all I can say, different MB do different options. it might not work, but worth a shot.

This issue you mention is with everything that connects to that USB header, once its power drops (Sleep Mode) it will loose connection. Nothing we can do about this, have no control, it is user preference and how the MB is designed. We cannot work around it, it is a limitation and you will have the same issues with others that have similar functions as well.

The settings will save to the controller, but will still need the software and windows to activate, this is why on boot it will default until it gets into windows. limitation with windows to support the new features/modes.