RGB software not saving settings

Scribbinge

As per the title, would appreciate some help as this must be a common issue but the forum search isnt giving me anything relevant.

I could swear I had the riing plus fans working when I first booted the software but now if I close the programme the fans immediately revert back to default even though I hit save. Same after rebooting.

Is there a way to completely clear cached profiles etc? when I reinstall it seems to remember them.

Thanks!

21 hours ago, kewlmunky said:

After you uninstall the software, see if the Tt folder in C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming is still there. If so, that may be what you need to delete to wipe out any prior settings.

thanks, that got rid of them but unfortunately the problem still persists.

5 hours ago, Tack said:

can you take a screenshot of the software and what are your system specs

Im running an Aorus 7 z370 and 8700k, 32gb corsair RAM on win 10.

Thanks both for your replies.

Untitled.png

Tried both. It reverts to default colours when i sys tray close.

Also clicking start with Windows does nothing, and even setting it manually to do so through windows it will not start. I have to click the desktop icon with every single boot.

I dont think the software needs to run every time anyway. The settings are supposed to save to the fans themselves arent they? It does on one of them anyway.

I believe you need to have the software running at all times. You can close out of the window, but it needs to still be going in the system tray. If I exit it from the system tray, my fans go to a default mode. That's why I was asking if you meant closing as in the system tray or just the window.

If it reverts when closing the window but letting the software run in the system tray, then that's definitely a problem.

ill help you buy coolermaster rbg you will have no problems I personally threw tt fans and cooler in trash as I do not trust it will cool my system proper when you have to do 100 things to get their product to work coolermaster plug and play as its suppose to be . Plus im running gigabyte aorus x399 with 1950x procc and my gigabyte program recognizes and controls software tt call mother board manufactures ask them help you get it right

9 hours ago, kewlmunky said:

I believe you need to have the software running at all times. You can close out of the window, but it needs to still be going in the system tray. If I exit it from the system tray, my fans go to a default mode. That's why I was asking if you meant closing as in the system tray or just the window.

If it reverts when closing the window but letting the software run in the system tray, then that's definitely a problem.

I dont think this is right, as its working properly on 1 of my fans and it remembers the colour even after a reboot. Its just the other 3 that stop working.
If I close the software from the system tray they all revert to default. Its really confusing.

9 hours ago, shadow731 said:

ill help you buy coolermaster rbg you will have no problems I personally threw tt fans and cooler in trash as I do not trust it will cool my system proper when you have to do 100 things to get their product to work coolermaster plug and play as its suppose to be . Plus im running gigabyte aorus x399 with 1950x procc and my gigabyte program recognizes and controls software tt call mother board manufactures ask them help you get it right

I'm definitely tempted to just return them this just isn't acceptable from a company to sell a product that doesnt work and then offer zero support. Possibly the worst experience I've ever had from a component manufacturer, at least other companies respond to your emails.
I'm already outside of the 28 day return period however so I'll give them another week to contact me on the offchance theyve all just gone on summer holiday and didnt bother to coordinate so as to not overlap...

Their support is terrible. I initially tried via phone, left a couple of voicemails, and email to contact them several times on a question I was having. I eventually posted on here and then PM'd Thermalmike, as I saw he was the main contact, and got my issue resolved.  A month later I got a call back from Thermaltake. :rolleyes:

Compared to others, everything easily worked on my system, so I'm sticking with them for now. I think you definitely should have returned the product before your return window was past. I hope you eventually get some support. 

I had the same problem that you described here

setting up the fan color and speed and after shutting down the pc 

the color will go back to normal until windows loads the apps again

also if you restart the system, you will loose the color until windows load the app again

well I actually found a way to keep all the settings

now I can shut down , restart etc and I will always have everything working without having to wait for windows to load the app

I don't know if this will work with the latest app because the last time I tried it didn't work so I don't even bother trying with the newer apps anymore

I simply use version 1.1.6 click save and then profile and it will save the settings to the controller box, I think

that is the only possible explanation that I can come up with 

on why is able to retain the settings or the configuration

I run a hackintosh and I have the fans settings, color, mode, effects,running perfectly on Mac OS

because they are already saved on the controller box

so I don't need to run TT software or windows unless I want to change something

simply use version 1.1.6

here I uploaded the file for you

https://mega.nz/#!E6xzWZDI!vnd0DX-4yoVyjHeQC8gmhh4_uXxKNwO69PfnbMEFQ3E

I know is an older version but this the only one that I test that it retains the settings

all the other ones require windows to load the TT ring plus software in order to use the configuration settings

hope this help

sorry for my spanglish, hope you understand

edit part 2

the reason why one of your fans retained the color is most likely because you had an older version of the app an you updated to a newer version

and the older app stored that setting on the controller box

simply uninstall the one you are using and install version 1.1.6

reset all the fans to default, set them up the way you want it, click save then profile 1

now restart your pc

fans still working and by that I mean your color configuration, mode etc

shut down and turn the pc back on

same configuration still working without having to wait for windows to load

uninstall the app if you want to for testing purposes

reboot

everything still works

why?

because the settings are store or saved on the controller box and you always get to keep your configuration

is much better than having to wait for windows to load the software to then wait for TT software to load the settings

edit 3

I was going to buy another controller thinking that my controller was damage but then I remember that I updated the software and I went back and installed the first version that I downloaded when I first bought my AI0 360 RP radiator and that is how I found out about the whole thing

just like you was very upset and disappointed until I found the fix, now I'm happy

I just hope they add this function to the latest app so I don't have to use an older app but as long as it works the way I need it to work

is all good, I can live with that

I hope it will also work for you

good luck

8 hours ago, antoniooninato said:

I had the same problem that you described here

setting up the fan color and speed and after shutting down the pc 

the color will go back to normal until windows loads the apps again

also if you restart the system, you will loose the color until windows load the app again

well I actually found a way to keep all the settings

now I can shut down , restart etc and I will always have everything working without having to wait for windows to load the app

I don't know if this will work with the latest app because the last time I tried it didn't work so I don't even bother trying with the newer apps anymore

I simply use version 1.1.6 click save and then profile and it will save the settings to the controller box, I think

that is the only possible explanation that I can come up with 

on why is able to retain the settings or the configuration

I run a hackintosh and I have the fans settings, color, mode, effects,running perfectly on Mac OS

because they are already saved on the controller box

so I don't need to run TT software or windows unless I want to change something

simply use version 1.1.6

here I uploaded the file for you

https://mega.nz/#!E6xzWZDI!vnd0DX-4yoVyjHeQC8gmhh4_uXxKNwO69PfnbMEFQ3E

I know is an older version but this the only one that I test that it retains the settings

all the other ones require windows to load the TT ring plus software in order to use the configuration settings

hope this help

sorry for my spanglish, hope you understand

edit part 2

the reason why one of your fans retained the color is most likely because you had an older version of the app an you updated to a newer version

and the older app stored that setting on the controller box

simply uninstall the one you are using and install version 1.1.6

reset all the fans to default, set them up the way you want it, click save then profile 1

now restart your pc

fans still working and by that I mean your color configuration, mode etc

shut down and turn the pc back on

same configuration still working without having to wait for windows to load

uninstall the app if you want to for testing purposes

reboot

everything still works

why?

because the settings are store or saved on the controller box and you always get to keep your configuration

is much better than having to wait for windows to load the software to then wait for TT software to load the settings

edit 3

I was going to buy another controller thinking that my controller was damage but then I remember that I updated the software and I went back and installed the first version that I downloaded when I first bought my AI0 360 RP radiator and that is how I found out about the whole thing

just like you was very upset and disappointed until I found the fix, now I'm happy

I just hope they add this function to the latest app so I don't have to use an older app but as long as it works the way I need it to work

is all good, I can live with that

I hope it will also work for you

good luck

Wow this obviously took you a lot of effort and time to write out, and it worked perfectly - everything is great now. Thank you so much for your help with this I'm really grateful.

On ‎8‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 10:18 PM, Scribbinge said:

Wow this obviously took you a lot of effort and time to write out, and it worked perfectly - everything is great now. Thank you so much for your help with this I'm really grateful.

ty for time but I already changed to cm fan system was pretty much plug and play sync to mb perfectly . personally I removed every tt product will not conduct bisiness with them again I am going to throw tt level 10 case mouse power supply water cooler in a box smashed to pieces and send it to them on principle good luck

I have the same issue.. I contacted Thermaltake and they sent me a new controller no questions asked so I thought it was a common problem.. but nope.. still the same problem with the new controller.. Is anyone from thermaltake actually looking at these posts? would appreciate a heads up...  The software also starts maximised.. which is so ridiculous for an always on background app?  The fans are nice but not worth this much trouble..  

12 minutes ago, SchrodingersCat said:

I have the same issue.. I contacted Thermaltake and they sent me a new controller no questions asked so I thought it was a common problem.. but nope.. still the same problem with the new controller.. Is anyone from thermaltake actually looking at these posts? would appreciate a heads up...  The software also starts maximised.. which is so ridiculous for an always on background app?  The fans are nice but not worth this much trouble..  

At least support actually replied to you! I emailed them twice and didnt get so much as an "we have received your email and will get back to you".

I think its more of a tick in a box for them rather than actually wanting to help customers. Worst experience I've had with any company in a while.

• 2 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, shadow731 said:

I am so sorry for all of you but read some of the administrators answers they are short and never address the problems more than likely they work for tt . they merely tack answers that people smarter than them have already posted so what due you expect from their product    

suggestions for amd ryzen win 10 check your bios set fan control to pmw or auto see if either works  then depending on your set up make sure you have power hook up to your controller and pmw cable to fan port on mb  if not using sync controller need 2.0 ussb hooked also  for program to be recognized if your using 9 port sync thiers special cable for mb sync jack it varies to type of mb with sata power cable then a pmw cable on each side of  the sync controller a fan is hooked up to hope this helps